Drahcir495's Build-up

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the tweaked tie rod? No it's not.

No i mean the LCA....see how its canted at an angel? Thats gonna tear that bushing up in no time unless they are made to do that :dunno:

Yeah those are those monster crush bushing's they be fine

or flex joint i think is what they're called

Mini is correct - "Super-Flex Control Arms feature our rebuildable spherical bearing assembly. This bearing allows extra flex for off-road ..."

I took the picture right after I had the pipe wrench on the LCA lock nut. I guess it turned the control arm a bit :roll: . Thanks for pointing that out, I will have to fix that this week :cheers:

I almost forgot to say -

Incredible build rich. This is what all build threads should look like.

Awe shucks :oops:. Thanks maddzz1

nice jamminz.gif

Thank you Mini :chillin:

Nice work.

Thanks :D - and thank you for the heads up on my LCA - Rich

Dude that thing is Bitchin' :cheers:

You just need to bring it down to the shop so we can weld on that shifter Knob.

BTW some guy named Chester was looking for you. Something about a "back" order that came in for you. I gave him your work number and he almost floated out of his loafers. That guy gives me the willies. :rotf:

Wingtime made good on his promise! I showed up at the shop today and he fixed my broken shifter 8) .

Couple of shot of the jeep @ the shop ->

I ground down the old threads that were left over and set down some protective cover ->

I cut off the top of the new bolt then grab it with the vice grips so I could set it into place ->

Wingtime ready at the helm ->

And the piece was welded in without a single hole in the upholstery ->

I screw on the new shifter knob and secured it with the lock nut ->

Wingtime had a few projects going on down there. A sweet FC150 just waiting for a mild lift and 33 inchers ->

OJMG87’s nineteen eighty seven YJ {original owner} with a new Chevy RamJet 350 crate motor, B&M 350 trans, f&r Currie 9 inchers, 33 inch BFG’s, and the list of goodies goes on ->

Thanks Wingtime for welding the shifter and grillin-up the grub.

:cheers: - Rich

• 2 weeks later...

No problemo Drachar!

Nice pics. I like how my Super Duty looks next to the MJ. sweet.

I need to post some pics of the grillin action.

BTW we left the chicken bones in the trash. When I went to the shop four days later it smelled like a buffalo died in there! :ack:

No problemo Drachar!

Nice pics. I wish my Super Duty was a MJ. sweet.

I need to post some pics of the grillin action.

BTW we left the chicken bones in the trash. When I went to the shop four days later it smelled like a buffalo died in there! :ack:

A-hem, its Drahcir :roll: ;) .

I imagine the smell was pretty bad. You need to get me a picture of the Kawasaki Green XJ. I will snap a few grillin action shots this weekend - Rich

• 1 month later...

It was bring your axle to Dave’s weekend jamminz.gif .

Dave is a fellow Jeeper/good friend who has every toy Miller sells. He invited me over to help him and Bwatsoncj set up a 9 inch rear end for a TJ.

I got there early so Dave could weld up the axle tubes on my custom Dana 60 axle for my Scrambler - >

After welding the axle tubes on two Dana 60 axles, Bwatsoncj showed up with the project axle. The owner enlisted these guys to set up the axle to work with his Jeep TJ. The Mad4WD bracket kit included all brackets to allow the use of this axle to work on the rear of the TJ ->

The kit included everything BUT the instructions for the bracket mounting locations. Thank gosh Bwatsoncj had the foresight to bring the Sh#@$% Dana 35 along for a model.

After repeated measuring – re-measuring - triple confirming locations, we were able to tack weld everything on ->

The owner of this awesome axle is going to reinstall the tacked up axle to check for placement and fit before the final welding is preformed.

At the end of the day I able to get these guys to work on my JKS relocation sway bar disconnect brackets. I removed the factory Brackets ->

Then Dave welded on the two inch higher JKS Brackets -

Finished - >

Next weekend when we return to finish the Nine Inch, I will have Dave weld on my LCA Skids while I straighten the LCA.

:cheers: Thanks Dave!

I will have to update this post with pictures of the disconnects and sway bar on when I get the time to hook them up - Rich

The RE sway bar disconnect’s are on now, and WOW what a difference they make in the handling! I can actually say that this jeep drives nice. Now I feel confident in driving the jeep anywhere, not just to the shop and back. Here are a few pictures of how it looks ->

One more thing I can scratch off my to do list jamminz.gif - Rich

• 1 month later...

I have been working on Mike at ProtoFab to make some sliders for the LB MJ for a while now. I happened to mention to him that I would love to get one of his RockSolid Rear XJ Bumpers modified to work on a MJ. Today my friends - as the Maverick would say - I got my bumper jamminz.gif . I ordered the newly redesigned RockSolid XJ rear bumper specially fabricated to work on the jeep MJ pick-ups. I had mine upgraded to include a swing out spare tire carrier, and side extensions to my specifications. We officially have another rear MJ bumper option! Here is a picture of the prototype bumper until I get my own mounted up ->

Here is what I found when I got out of a meeting today->

Unwrapped ->

These supports are a work of art ->

Working off the original design, I had Mike modify the sides of the bumper by extending them out to the back of the rear taillights - for more protection ->

I am not sure if Mike will be using this on all future bumpers or not? I just thought it was an improvement that I would be willing to pay for.

I added the spare tire carrier option on mine ->

Thick steel and reinforce on the inside ->

It is late - for me, so I will have to update my progress as I go along. In the mean time, be sure to check out Mike’s web site http://www.protofab4x4.com , and don’t forget to tell him that we need Rock Rails for our trucks!

Awesome - Puts my bumper to shame... I like it though!

Are you planning using your receiver for a recovery point?

Thanks, but don't be so quick to put yours down :cheers: .

I do plan on using it for a recovery point - unless I can be persuaded that it in not in my {or others} best interests; safety wise. I will be using all new grade 8 harware, and it doesn't apear to be any less supported than the U-haul hitch I have on there now. I will contact Mike and ask him about the class rating on these bumpers next week. - Rich

How about a review of the lift? Are you happy with it? Any bump steer or death wobble to speak of? How's the ride?

BTW, what did the front dana 44 come from?

No problem, vzehler.

I love the lift. I have used several lift kits on my CJ's before I got the 4.5'' RE extreme duty kit. After enjoying the ride and flex of that kit, I was sold on the product. I have not experienced any bump steer, no wandering, or any death wobble at all. I have driven it to work 5 or more times since installing the lift. It is about a 70 mile round trip drive, a majority of it at 70+ mph - it is just amazing. It rides better than it did before the lift. My only complaints are associated with the installation of the new front 44. Looking back on it now, it was worth the few troubles.

The front Dana 44 is the housing that is used on the TJ Rubicon. I have a good friend who works at Gear Works here in Florida, so it was it was a brand new housing. I just need to fine tune my shocks. I believe that I have one of the front shocks set on a different setting :oops: . I do not have my front drive shaft in as yet, so I have not been able to test it off road. Let me know if you have more questions, or if you need more specific answers. I will be happy to answer them. - Rich

I test fit the bumper yesterday - it is awesome. I just wanted to post a few pictures of the test fit and placement. After I have it painted I will do the install write-up.

You can see how the side protection has been extended ->

It even has a spot for my High-Lift jack ->

• 3 weeks later...
is that the second one mike made because i have the one that is on his truck on the first pic and i have his front bumper to match and they look great :cheers:

Yeah, it is :yes: . I wanted some more side protection, so I passed on yours. You have the first :bowdown: . Front bumper does look nice. I am going to get back on Mike about the Rock Rails next week. - Rich

Ill take the hitch if you decide to sale it man.. :thumbsup:

It's yours! :cheers:

JT, WTF are you gonna do with a hitch on a lowrider? I think I should get it!

I not going to SLAM my truck. . Just lower it a bit. I'll still be able to use it , just instead of having a drop hitch it'll go up instead. Like I'll put the ball on the bottom side of a 2" mount.

But........ If you really, really, really, need it..... PM me. :D

Rich, trucks looking great by the way :thumbsup:

• Drahcir495 changed the title to Drahcir495's Build-up