Drahcir495's Build-up

The mj is doing great, has it's own spot in the garage now!  It was awarded, mjotm a little while back, still need to get a/c working again but since it hasn't been my dd for a long time I find other places to spend the money, lol.  Let me know if you travel up this way, I will do the same if I head back your way, but definitely need to meet up!   

Buck.  

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Just read through your build. That is one very nice truck you have there. I also have a 4 year old son and the Comanche is his favorite vehicle to ride in. He already has good taste and is a Jeep lover.

IMG_20180918_184832124.jpg.5eb7de0cf3a028bf924bc32d029abc33.jpg

JM0413 -  first off, isn’t it great when you’re driving and around and your son says “daddy, there’s a Jeep and it has a tire on the back!”

Great picture. Wow, you read through all those pages!! Thank you for doing that 👍🏻. I see that you have an 1981 CJ7. I have an 1982. I would love to see a picture of yours. 

8 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

JM0413 -  first off, isn’t it great when you’re driving and around and your son says “daddy, there’s a Jeep and it has a tire on the back!”

Great picture. Wow, you read through all those pages!! Thank you for doing that 👍🏻. I see that you have an 1981 CJ7. I have an 1982. I would love to see a picture of yours. 

Yes it's a great feeling that he can spot a Jeep anywhere. He says that will be his first vehicle if you ask him what he wants to drive.

The CJ is at my mom's house, she had more room than I do. It needs another transmission again. It's V8 swapped. It is third in line at this point. First the XJ gets a floor, them the MJ gets a floor, and then hopefully the CJ gets a complete redo.

I put floor pans in the CJ when I bought it 20 years ago. It's has had a hard life with me as a stupid 18 year old. What fun a built SBC and a stick are a CJ7! I never git rid of a Jeep I just buy another one. When the tranny grenaded in the CJ the 2nd time. I bought the XJ. When the seat feel through the floor of the XJ. I bought the WK. Then I bought the MJ  beacuse the are awesome! Jeeps floor pans are just part of my life. They joys of the rust belt. Iowa definitely believes in salt!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 8:14 PM, JMO413 said:

I put floor pans in the CJ when I bought it 20 years ago. It's has had a hard life with me as a stupid 18 year old. What fun a built SBC and a stick are a CJ7! I never git rid of a Jeep I just buy another one. When the tranny grenaded in the CJ the 2nd time. I bought the XJ. When the seat feel through the floor of the XJ. I bought the WK. Then I bought the MJ  beacuse the are awesome! Jeeps floor pans are just part of my life. They joys of the rust belt. Iowa definitely believes in salt!

Yes, the floor pans were issues in most of mine too. Lol, never get rid of mine either. This new XJ will be the only one with new paint!

• 3 years later...

I just looked at my profile and it says that I joined October 2005. Holy crap has it been that long :nuts:.

I am getting the Comanche on the road again and I am super excited about it. The Cherokee is nice but I really miss driving the MJ around. Not so worried about towing the family around now that my son is old enough to ride shotgun. We have 2 other cars for that anyways. I was going to sell it years ago and I am glad I didn't. Its been parked on my parents property for years, so I am not sure what all is going to need to get it up and running? It needs a paint job and tires for sure. I've been making a list of all my wants and needs and have already picked up stuff off Amazon :applause:. The earliest this rebirth will start will not be until I get back in April.  Looking forward to talking all things Comanche with old friends and new ones :L:.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Drahcir495 changed the title to Drahcir495's Build-up

Good to see you back working on the mj! Let me know if you need an extra set of hands, would love to hang! Mine is getting a/c back in it after many years without it, painful at times here in Fl but finally had the money to do the whole system. 

Buck.

That would be great Buck! I am getting the a/c put in mine too. I am working in Wisconsin until May/June, so after that we can plan on getting together to work and talk Jeep. I was planning on getting the Comanche painted but the house a/c had to be replaced, so it is going to be a while before that happens :brickwall:. I think I will sell the XJ, so I will have plenty of money to get everything done. 

We need to get out to Disney world for another pow wow with Pete and Jeff. I will have to talk to him about that.

Definitely would be great to do another get together with Pete, Jeff and anyone else who is interested.

The last time I saw your MJ was when I met you, Anastasia was 5 I think, she turned 19 yesterday, time flies...

Sad to hear you might sell the XJ but glad you are back into the mj. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on my boat project so hoping to get back to doing stuff on my mj soon. 

4 hours ago, buxmj said:

Definitely would be great to do another get together with Pete, Jeff and anyone else who is interested.

The last time I saw your MJ was when I met you, Anastasia was 5 I think, she turned 19 yesterday, time flies...

Sad to hear you might sell the XJ but glad you are back into the mj. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on my boat project so hoping to get back to doing stuff on my mj soon. 

Are you kidding me :nuts:. Wow it does fly by! Great news on the boat.

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

I'll be in the orlando area in early May.  :L: 

Dang it. I will still be in Wisconsin then. I will be there for the next one and with the MJ.

technically none. :(  we gave up on the annual passes when they jumped to 1000 bucks per person for out-of-staters and so we're camping at a nearby state park for the week and doing some of the other things.  :D  Disney Springs and the various themed hotels are all free to visit. :laugh: 

Took the hour and a half drive up to the property to get the Comanche ready to get back home. I couldn’t get it to run but it could be the fuel pump as I couldn’t get any fuel out of the valve on the fuel rail. That was just what type of problem I expected though but I wasn’t expecting how bad of shape it’s in. Devastated is the only word that I can come up with. Mold all inside and out. Rust on body and bumpers. I feel like it’s not worth it as there is so much to do on it. I just thought I would go up, drive it home, and eventually have it painted. The paint is beyond bad. Just need to get my head around what I am going to do before I say screw it ->
F46606B3-F6AC-40E1-8D48-95F2183CD69E.jpeg.ff5ae314a39898cfe2089d60104d1eed.jpeg

B40E5DEB-DC4B-4B73-8893-84D04838CADB.jpeg.3f2af239bd03226a7a41027f3c8f80bf.jpeg

0765234D-827F-4938-8FF2-75199D8963CB.jpeg.0cdd98a2a03a7bbf713a218844d88f56.jpeg

F851B0F3-C203-4D35-A699-86F51D4A7AC2.jpeg.b77b30debaa4cf7e9ea91fccb62d6943.jpeg

56CA9007-32F7-4884-A595-9A9221F84CDD.jpeg.7171dc8b5162659447e9cb9ac67a767e.jpeg

At this point I want to abandon it right now 

3C627C0E-6CC5-47FD-BEE9-5B6000487C9B.jpeg