• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm all good to go, as long as the truck is. :brows:

you're coming regardless of what shape the 86 is in :P

and no arguing.

anyways thought I'd make it official

july 18, 19, and 20 of 2008. that's a friday, saturday, and sunday. I'll be leaving friday between 10 and noon (along with Joe i'm sure), and heading back late sunday or early monday morning.

-Pat

so your wheeling Sunday as well?

i'll be leaving noon on that friday, wheel all day saturday, come home sunday morning.

I'd like to wheel on sunday as well. I'm not going to be with menards too much longer, and though I still have 2 jobs, they will both give me the time off that I want.

I'm tentatively thinking of going so I can meet some of you in person. I just know people by their avatars right now...

Of course that does depend on getting my death wobble fixed, and getting my rear brakes working. Can't wait for that white stuff to melt so I can actually work on it at my house.

Or should I not even bother with a stock 4.0 on 235/75 15 Wintermark snow tires? (cheaper than M/T and better traction, at least on my old F100 I used to have).

if you brought that stock, you would be pleasently suprised on what it could do. i say you should come along, you would be able to keep up with us. if something was to hard for your truck, you can just go around it. no matter what, you will have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

If we get my '86 done in time, it'll still be mainly stock, and I'll be taking that. So, the "I have a stock rig" line don't work too well. ;) To make it worse, I'm running with the stock axles and gearing. I'm full well expecting to break at least something, but that's the fun of it, break it and rebuild it better. jamminz.gif

If we get my '86 done in time, it'll still be mainly stock, and I'll be taking that. So, the "I have a stock rig" line don't work too well. ;) To make it worse, I'm running with the stock axles and gearing. I'm full well expecting to break at least something, but that's the fun of it, break it and rebuild it better. jamminz.gif

GAH

u are not allowed to break anything. it'll be freshly rebuilt with a 4.0 conversion, and have alot of time into it. plus it needs to make it home.

AHH

lol

hopefully i won't pick up any dents/ or heavy damage. of course, i'll be sporting 6.5" lift, 4.10s with dana 44, and hopefully rock rails by then. oh, my trailer will be done by then too...so i should have a "camper" :D

hopefully i won't pick up any dents/ or heavy damage. of course, i'll be sporting 6.5" lift, 4.10s with dana 44, and hopefully rock rails by then. oh, my trailer will be done by then too...so i should have a "camper" :D

luckily you have the first dent out of the way already :razz:

luckily you have the first dent out of the way already :razz:

So do you though. :D Ah crap, that means I'm next, doesn't it?

i suppose i do. you'll be fine as long as its not really muddy which it usually isn't in the middle of July. my dent in the box was caused because it was rutted and extremely slick and it slide right into a tree. i couldn't even stop it from hitting. oh well, its apart of wheelin'

haha

i'll have my dent fixed by then. but...i'm not paying for a paint job ever again. so, i'll spray it myself...and if it gets scratched, i'll just buff it. pssh. when there's not much invested in something it's easier to have fun.

Okay, one more question. I have a fiberglass cap on the back (see avatar). Makes is easy for camping as I'll just throw the sleeping bag in the back. No tent needed.

But, will that get in the way wheeling?

Or basically:

Should I leave it home? Or leave it on?