Badlands '08 Friday, July 18th to Sunday, July 20th

starting this thread so we can get some tentative dates.

I need until June to be ready, so I'm good after then. need to know at least 1 month prior.

when's everyone else good for?

I assume that Wade (89elminator) and I will be headed down at the same time; I'm camping and generally so does he. So, campgrounds would be the get-together place.

Plan of attack is meet up friday mid-day or afternoon and shoot the $#!&, maybe run round a bit for anyone wishing to, and a meet-up on Saturday morning for any late-comers.

bring your own beer, and if everyone pitches in (brings food), we'll be cookin out for the whole group

Pitch up a couple weekends, as I say I'm good for after June (i.e. late june for the trip, or any time after that).

git'r'done

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

AAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHA

Sorry I couldn't resist...

could ya change your post so it's not soooooo far =========>>>>>>

?

and you're right.

I'm limiting the factors now: just me and my truck, no need to borrow trailers or anything, so less things to affect the last-minute decisions

tentative dates?

Friday, June 20th to Sunday, June 22nd

Friday, July 18th to Sunday, July 20th

any others?

being part time at all 3 jobs, I may try for a 4-day run here since I can ditch work for that long if I want.

OK Adam, Pat made this post therefore he is coming hell or high water.

Any weekend is good for me. You know me, i will be going. Probably leaving friday at noon like always and get there at 5/6pm. Wait for everyone else to arrive and hangout my the campfire. All day ride Saturday and head home sunday.

And will the 3800 be in current form or newly lifted?

OK Adam, Pat made this post therefore he is coming hell or high water.

Any weekend is good for me. You know me, i will be going. Probably leaving friday at noon like always and get there at 5/6pm. Wait for everyone else to arrive and hangout my the campfire. All day ride Saturday and head home sunday.

And will the 3800 be in current form or newly lifted?

psh

newly lifted. SOA D44 rear, 6.5" up front, and my longarm system...picking up the arms on sunday it looks like, then once TNT and I get to work on his truck I'll use the frame rails from his donor cab as a jig for the crossmember.

Beaterjeep, you're coming with whether or not the 86/90 can handle it.

Beaterjeep, you're coming with whether or not the 86/90 can handle it.

As long as I/we can get the few things done that I need to, you'd better believe the 86/90 will be there. I may even lay off of the pics of the finished project until then too. Just to make the wheeling pics the first ones posted in it's new form. :brows:

Oh, any date works for me; but we all already knew that one. ;)

Adam, are you thinking of going?

I'll probably be there depend on when it happens.

Baby comes end of April, so we won't be wheeling very often for a few months after....

you could welcome the baby to the world by taking him/her on his/hers first wheeling adventure. :D

waaaaaaaaaay too far in the future for me to pick a specific day. :(

naw it ain't. if we set the date now you can book it for then jamminz.gif

I'm just saying that at this point in time I have no opinion on which weekend you pick. You guys pick one and I'll do my darndest to get there. :D

If I can get mine done by then I will try to make it. That's right before I get more vacation time at work. I work Tuesday to Saturday and no one ever wants to trade days so I can get Saturday off...

I will try thou.

Pat, your driving down?

that's the plan.

unless I find a car trailer and get the j-truck going by then. but that's pushing it. so driving looks like the best thing.

it would probably be cheaper to drive it down. That J-truck would probably get like 5 miles to the gallon.

Pat, your driving down?

that's the plan.

unless I find a car trailer and get the j-truck going by then. but that's pushing it. so driving looks like the best thing.

it would probably be cheaper to drive it down. That J-truck would probably get like 5 miles to the gallon.

yeah but it's breakage security...

we'll see if I can use the duramax...i know I can but question is do I want to borrow that and assume responsibility.

Baby comes end of April, so we won't be wheeling very often for a few months after....

Sounds like I am not the only one. my wife and i are expecting around june 19th, so even if i could get my rig fully ready by then. I unfortunately won't be able to go. this is definately something that i have to do asap. maybe in a few years.

Sounds like I am not the only one. my wife and i are expecting around june 19th, so even if i could get my rig fully ready by then. I unfortunately won't be able to go. this is definately something that i have to do asap. maybe in a few years.

how bout mid-july? and ya could bring the little tyke with... :brows: get'em jeepin early jamminz.gif

i say drive it down Pat. the odds of 3 trucks breaking beyond driving them is slim. so even if it did break and couldn't be driven, then you could just load onto my trailer and i would just drive mine then.

Keep in mind Wade, I'll have my 86/90/MJ15 there as well. That's one more truck to possibly break. More than likely mine will end up broken as a first time wheeler; it's my luck.

i say drive it down Pat. the odds of 3 trucks breaking beyond driving them is slim. so even if it did break and couldn't be driven, then you could just load onto my trailer and i would just drive mine then.

Keep in mind Wade, I'll have my 86/90/MJ15 there as well. That's one more truck to possibly break. More than likely mine will end up broken as a first time wheeler; it's my luck.

ahhhh, i didn't know that. thats cool that you might be coming though.

i shouldn't have even brought up the breaking thing, i might have just jinxed us all.