Upgrading my “dummy light” gauge cluster??

OK, so I know this horse has been beaten to death, but I’m trying to find a specific answers.

My 88 Comanche with a 2.5l has had the gauge cluster swapped by one of the numerous previous owners. I don’t believe that they changed the oil pressure switch and the coolant temperature switch. I’m trying to find specific part numbers for those items.  then all I have to do is just swap them out and the existing plug will fit in and work?

Strange. My 2.5L doesn’t have the elbow for my pressure sensor if that’s the issue your having. The old one is a switch that when it hits no pressure it just turns on a light. The bigger mopar looking unit is a true sensor. 

Anywho if there’s an elbow preventing you from installing it you can always remove the elbow and put it.

21 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Strange. My 2.5L doesn’t have the elbow for my pressure sensor if that’s the issue your having. The old one is a switch that when it hits no pressure it just turns on a light. The bigger mopar looking unit is a true sensor. 

Anywho if there’s an elbow preventing you from installing it you can always remove the elbow and put it.

There isn’t an elbow. The motor mount is physically in the way. It’s odd because I’m sure there are MJs with the full gauge cluster and 4 cylinders. Is there supposed to be an adapter?

I thought about going to Lowe’s to see if there may be a brass 45 degree elbow or something. 

44 minutes ago, Bomberjeep said:

It’s odd because I’m sure there are MJs with the full gauge cluster and 4 cylinders.

You are 100% correct here, Eaglescout526's Jeep has one. Could you post pictures of what you have going on?

On 1/15/2023 at 2:58 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Here’s mine. 
image.jpg.42f1455ac34fbde376c8bbffb882d1c6.jpg

Sorry it has taken so long to get back. 

Your sensor has the 90* adapter coming out of the block. Mine just comes straight out. Ok so armed with that knowledge, I’ll have to hit up the auto parts stores and see what I can rustle up. 

15 minutes ago, Bomberjeep said:

Sorry it has taken so long to get back. 

Your sensor has the 90* adapter coming out of the block. Mine just comes straight out. Ok so armed with that knowledge, I’ll have to hit up the auto parts stores and see what I can rustle up. 

It’s just a 1/8” npt fitting. Very easy to find at auto parts or hardware stores in a variety of bends.