Key Parts rear wheel arch patch

• howeitsdone changed the title to Rear Upper Wheel Panels - KeyParts
2 hours ago, Noendnsight said:

Is anyone else curious if a passenger side might work with any side long or short? Like could one not simply cut around for the fuel door themselves if need be the case for a swb driver side?

I think that’s why the driver side panel has that cut out, it’s already done for you.

3 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

I think that’s why the driver side panel has that cut out, it’s already done for you.

I think your missing my point entirely. I know that, it's stated on the site. Again it seems like a passenger side could possibly be a universal for those with multiple trucks such as I. I also wonder if it could be an option for 2 dr xj guys that might wish to try running an mj flare. It might give a more factory appearance with a slightly wider opening. Again this is pure speculation and curiousity at this point thinking outside the box.

16 minutes ago, Noendnsight said:

I think your missing my point entirely. I know that, it's stated on the site. Again it seems like a passenger side could possibly be a universal for those with multiple trucks such as I. I also wonder if it could be an option for 2 dr xj guys that might wish to try running an mj flare. It might give a more factory appearance with a slightly wider opening. Again this is pure speculation and curiousity at this point thinking outside the box.

you might need to contact Key Parts about that, as none of us have gotten our hands on them yet. :L: 

1 hour ago, Noendnsight said:

I still don't understand your initial point. Why would you purchase the right side if you need the left, even if you have multiple trucks???

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

I still don't understand your initial point. Why would you purchase the right side if you need the left, even if you have multiple trucks???

55 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I think he's talking about buying "pass side" panels for the drivers side of shortbed trucks.  it would have more coverage area since that cutout for the fuel door isn't needed. 

Kinda, I'm saying that a passenger side could potentially fit any side any bed as well as make either side of a 2 Dr xj rear larger using a Mj flare. There are no 2dr xj rear quarter panels. They have been discontinued long before covid and many have noted this in other posts and sites. They might maintain the profile to match the xj, look factory, and give a larger wheel opening. Again it's just speculating thinking outside the box. Bottom line, I'd rather have more patch than less if it's the same price. You have to cut metal regardless. None of it going to bolt up plug and play. So I'll be ordering a passenger side and giving it a go myself. I have 1 of all jeeps mentioned. 

57 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I think he's talking about buying "pass side" panels for the drivers side of shortbed trucks.  it would have more coverage area since that cutout for the fuel door isn't needed. 

One could also consider using good rust free 2 dr doors to patch bed sides or rear 2dr xjs as well. I'd hate to cut up a good 2 dr xj door for a patch as much as I'd enjoy cutting up a good entire bedside. To each his own but a universal passenger patch for a little over a hundo shipped seams like a cheap no brainer alternative. They may have hit a grand slam with these if 2 dr xj guys like and use them. They are also just small enough to ship on the cheap. My hats off to Key Parts for everything they do.

• Pete M changed the title to Key Parts rear wheel arch patch