Maveric's first vehicle

Okay, so my friend Joe (Maveric) got this truck as his first, from a guy in the Bay Area. I'll let him tell that take, but I started the thread for him, as I was inside the driver's door to inspect and ensure there would be no problems installing power windows and locks, mainly to confirm the glass is the same between '86 ( when the truck debuted) and '96 (for the door wiring harness donor). They appear to be, and I snapped a pic in order to confirm tomorrow that I don't have to purchase window glass. But that's not why I'm here.

• 1 year later...

Courtesy of Torq_Shep, Joe was able to get his long-desired bucket seats and later snagged an XJ console, to redo his interior seating, plus power remote mirrors and some wiring. So, Sunday, we hit up Pick n Nose SA because they have a couple new XJs, and so, starting with the red '94 Country, we got another woodgrain dash trim, including the undercolumn trim piece! The dash trim is cracked, but not all the way through, so some gentle plastic welding will put it back together. Then we scored the buckets, for which the seat covers match his interior, and the fabric is in good condition. Just a couple rips on the vinyl. Also, we grabbed the 'snowflake' wheels off it, to swap out the boring 5-spoke cast wheels and give the rig a swankier look to it. According to Joe's research, they were never offered for MJs, likely they were added to the XJ catalog after the '92 MY. So, a Comanche with snowflake wheels....

IMG_20211017_152208.jpg

IMG_20211017_152119.jpg

IMG_20211017_152635.jpg

Cleaned inside and out. The bummer was that two of the tires had deep tread...but they were thoroughly dry-rotted.

Anyway, so in looking at other rigs for parts, I spotted another XJ, which turned out to be a '96, that had power mirrors. The mirrors were gone, but the door harnesses were there, so we'll now have the mirror wiring connections, and after we lay out the central harness and pin out their wires, we'll swap the door harnesses and install the power mirrors. I think Joe ordered the plastic mounts from our fellow member (his name escapes me) who is 3D printing them, so once we get those, it's just a matter of a new control switch. Stay tuned, for shenanigans inside, and outside, the cab!