Jump to content

Around town


War_Pony89
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just wondering what y'all experience is lately. With the new gladiator running around town I often feel like there is an elephant in the room. Can say I have seen but one wave so far from a gladiator driver.  I'm looking but they're eyes are forward for some reason. The whole jeep wave thing seems like a farce of marketing.  Used to ride MC all the time, and even then there was some folks you just didn't wave at, so IDK.

 

Since my paint job I do get a lot more 'nice ride, don't see many of those anymore'. At least the buying offers have stopped.  Curious what others experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need to drop by the dealership and make friends with them.   :laugh:   I did this early on a week day morning and few mechanics on their way in stopped to talk.  They figured mine was probably a lot easier to work on.  

 

I've had a few Gladiator drivers wave.   JK & JL drivers ... forget it.   I rarely see XJ's on the road (other than mine!) but they usually do. 

 

user29786_pic96693_1567687078.jpg.479275878afe71fd00e5d82c9160fa41.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get nothin. I’ve gotten a few XJ guys who talk to me about mine but hardly any waves. I wave at other AMC Jeeps just because none of the new ones wave and usually it’s women piloting the other Jeeps than the JL/JK/JT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more I’ve been hanging out with “normies” lately the more I realize most people don’t actually notice much about what other people are driving. We had an incident reported over our staff radio the other day with intent to be passed along to law enforcement, and the only information eyewitness had about the offending vehicle was that it was a white SUV.

Older trucks, especially smaller ones, don’t attract a ton of attention unless someone knows what they’re looking at, and older vehicles in general don’t necessarily reflect demographics everyone buying new vehicles wants to associate unless the vehicle is old enough to be valuable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PCO6 said:

You need to drop by the dealership and make friends with them.   :laugh:   I did this early on a week day morning and few mechanics on their way in stopped to talk.  They figured mine was probably a lot easier to work on.  

 

You may be on to something here, I could probably find someone who does moon lighting. I live about .5 mile  from a jeep dealer. Been wanting to swing by, but I am leery of the savage salesmen.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

older vehicles in general don’t necessarily reflect demographics everyone buying new vehicles wants to associate unless the vehicle is old enough to be valuable.

LOL, my wife says the same thing about my truck, blah blah blah your a professional for cry'n out loud....

 

Although, I will say about 20% of the comments are get are from women which surprised me.

 

I don't mind being my own demographic, I do feel invisible though, no body bothers me including the police...(knock on wood)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, War_Pony89 said:

 

 

I saw that Gladiator sitting on the display podium at the dealership one day.   I took my camera with me the next day.   It was like they wanted me to park my MJ next to it!   :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, War_Pony89 said:

LOL, my wife says the same thing about my truck, blah blah blah your a professional for cry'n out loud....

 

Although, I will say about 20% of the comments are get are from women which surprised me.

 

I don't mind being my own demographic, I do feel invisible though, no body bothers me including the police...(knock on wood)

Well there is this:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, PCO6 said:

 

I saw that Gladiator sitting on the display podium at the dealership one day.   I took my camera with me the next day.   It was like they wanted me to park my MJ next to it!   :laugh:

 

Shoot , that's a good marketing tool right there! Park my truck  (after a wash) and draw in the flies, then it's salesmen feeding time. May be on to something here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...