Hey, I'm new to the Comanche world, not new to jeeps I have had more xj's than I can remember all in various configurations. This 92 popped up on a fb group page and I drove from North east PA to South Carolina to get it. Rusty turds command a premium up here and this one only had a few small rust issues that I can easily fix. They were building a rock crawler and gave up on it. It's been cut for notch customs m-max flares, has a 1.5in lift and that's about it. They removed the ac system and the HVAC controls, I don't know why. I would want that stuff even in a rock crawler. Finding parts has been a major PITA. Find part outs on FB market place but you ask about parts and no one ever answered. Why put up a post if you don't want to sell anything. Anyway here's pics. I'll update as I do work to it. I've already added a cap, warn x8000i and a light bar. Up next is getting the HVAC system back together, then cosmetic issues and por-15 the whole underside and undercoat to protect it from becoming a rusty turd.

received_290555595881276.jpeg

43589.jpeg

PXL_20210531_181339677.MP.jpg

PXL_20210531_181355198.MP.jpg

PXL_20210531_220537935.jpg

Picked up some parts. Buckets seats (not sure I'm going to switch from a bench yet.), Console, sunvisors, 2nd gen Cherokee mirrors, a bucket of 6 taillights, heater controls and harness, Cherokee headliner board and an HVAC box. Getting all the under hood HVAC stuff next week from another part out. Then the fun of stripping the interior and dash to redo all the missing stuff cut out of my abandon rock crawler project. 

Are the heater boxes the same between the Comanche and Cherokee? Just bought an 89 and one of the previous owners hacked up the heater box. Jeep came with just heat from the factory, was going to put ac in eventually, but at least want to fix the heat. 

1 hour ago, Jeepxj92 said:

Are the heater boxes the same between the Comanche and Cherokee? Just bought an 89 and one of the previous owners hacked up the heater box. Jeep came with just heat from the factory, was going to put ac in eventually, but at least want to fix the heat. 

As far as I know the Cherokee and Comanche are the same from the dashboard forward. I'm going to build a good box out of this one and the one in the truck. Picking up all the under hood ac parts from a cherokee next week. They removed the HVAC controls on mine to put in a switch panel...the things people do to vehicles. 

Trying to find a donor jeep to get all the miscellaneous screws and trim pieces I need. Have a bunch of other little things to fix first. BTW, would you be interested is selling a set of tail lights? both of mine are damaged.  

Picked up some more parts this weekend. my d35 sounds awful bearing noise even at low speeds. Rebuilt d35 with factory 4:10 gears $125 lol also picking up the 4:10 Dana 30 from him after he's done swapping his built front axle. Free factory mudflaps, I can't used them but if someone on here would like them just pay me the shipping or stop over with a 6 pack. Free tailgate straps, I had Paracord holding my tailgate up from the previous owner...but now I understand why these factory straps never go up correctly. Also got grey door panels and the rear cab panel for $40 no pics tho. Need to get all the under hood ac components then I'll be ready to get to work on all this fun...

PXL_20210612_224130015.MP.jpg

PXL_20210612_224239037.jpg

PXL_20210612_224242990.MP.jpg

PXL_20210612_224138977.jpg