1988 Laredo/MJOTM submission

Gjeep123

Automan2164 I just bought  what I believe to be very rare 1988 Comanche Larado 4X4 with factory accessory brush guard and wench. Great tight original interior Like a burgundy plaid color with bucket seats. Original factory radio. No real rust to speak of rides great with 150k miles on the original motor. It was repainted to original color around 6 years ago. I’m getting it detailed now and will be able to provide pictures later in the week. It even has the original owners manual, stamped by a local dealer here in the Chattanooga area, and filled out by the original owners. Before me it was owned bye a fella who owned a mill in Lafayette Ga and drove it back and forth. Then passed to his grandson. Then bought by a Chrysler Jeep dealership then sold to the folks I bought it from. He was an older guy who only drove it a couple of miles a week for six years until he passed.  My questions is how rare is this Jeep? To my understanding only around 192k Comanche pickups were made. The rarest is the Larado model and even more rare would be to have one with 4X4 and the factory options brush guard and wench in really good condition. I’m thinking that there may be 3,000 or less like mine out there. I can’t really find any on the web. Am I barking up the right tree? Thanks for your help in advance! 

31 minutes ago, Gjeep123 said:

Automan2164 I just bought  what I believe to be very rare 1988 Comanche Larado 4X4 with factory accessory brush guard and wench. Great tight original interior Like a burgundy plaid color with bucket seats. Original factory radio. No real rust to speak of rides great with 150k miles on the original motor. It was repainted to original color around 6 years ago. I’m getting it detailed now and will be able to provide pictures later in the week. It even has the original owners manual, stamped by a local dealer here in the Chattanooga area, and filled out by the original owners. Before me it was owned bye a fella who owned a mill in Lafayette Ga and drove it back and forth. Then passed to his grandson. Then bought by a Chrysler Jeep dealership then sold to the folks I bought it from. He was an older guy who only drove it a couple of miles a week for six years until he passed.  My questions is how rare is this Jeep? To my understanding only around 192k Comanche pickups were made. The rarest is the Larado model and even more rare would be to have one with 4X4 and the factory options brush guard and wench in really good condition. I’m thinking that there may be 3,000 or less like mine out there. I can’t really find any on the web. Am I barking up the right tree? Thanks for your help in advance! 

no known breakdowns exist of the various trim levels.  that info was lost years ago (in a basement flood we hear) before it could be entered into Chrysler's computers. :(   but being the highest trim, I'd imagine there weren't far fewer made than the sporTrucks. :L: 

5 hours ago, Gjeep123 said:

Rob, eh? I heard he was still doing Comanche stuff every once in a while. :teehee:

Any pictures of the Laredo?

I just bought  what I believe to be very rare 1988 Comanche Larado 4X4  with factory accessory brush guard and wench. Great tight original interior Like a burgundy plaid color with bucket seats. Original factory radio. No real rust to speak of rides great with 150k miles on the original motor. It was repainted to original color around 6 years ago. It even has the original owners manual, stamped by a local dealer here in the Chattanooga area, and filled out by the original owners. Before me it was owned bye a fella who owned a mill in Lafayette Ga and drove it back and forth. Then passed to his grandson. Then bought by a Chrysler Jeep dealership then sold to the folks I bought it from. He was an older guy who only drove it a couple of miles a week for six years until he passed.  My questions is how rare is this Jeep? To my understanding only around 192k Comanche pickups were made. The rarest is the Larado model and even more rare would be to have one with 4X4 and the factory options brush guard and wench in really good condition. I’m thinking that there may be 3,000 or less like mine out there. I can’t really find any on the web. Am I barking up the right tree? Thanks for your help in advance! I’ve posted pictures a few places this morning. I really didn’t know which forum was most appropriate. Thanks again 

2E8D251E-A411-433C-8CA9-4B3A1C899B8D.jpeg

229F7C65-970A-431E-B5EB-52220BD93610.jpeg

2FB26C75-50BD-463B-AE26-A857A071BD8E.jpeg

345DBED2-E8F8-4340-95AA-075CEA4F8FA6.jpeg

834C4ECA-B39A-4931-9A38-7A4BD9E8C90A.jpeg

F62A9062-1F88-462D-B0EC-CC70B7412BFB.jpeg

EE4D0A6A-36AA-4060-A0CC-6032F9C1E6E3.jpeg

5D6B60BD-6E36-47DB-994A-B8D0D1F5B72B.jpeg

DBA3EB7D-315D-440F-BA8B-CD8B19CFD9EE.jpeg

46323179-9E42-45F9-B243-F9252626232F.jpeg

A5455BE5-C36D-4DB8-B663-5E14ABAC5C41.jpeg

Your truck in itself super rare. It does have some harder to find options though. That hidden winch and brush guard are very rare. Why are you looking for it’s rarity? If you were going to sell it, I don’t think I would let it go for less than 10 grand. 

I saw were a 2 wheel drive without the brush guard and wench went for 20k in 2018. Similar condition. So I’m not sure what it’s worth. Really just depends on who’s interested I guess, but man it rides great and 4 wheel drive woks like a charm. Selling It would help me finish paying for a pool for my kids, but every day I hold on to it. Makes me not want to sell.. 

13 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Your truck in itself super rare. It does have some harder to find options though. That hidden winch and brush guard are very rare. Why are you looking for it’s rarity? If you were going to sell it, I don’t think I would let it go for less than 10 grand. 

saw were a 2 wheel drive without the brush guard and wench went for 20k in 2018. Similar condition. So I’m not sure what it’s worth. Really just depends on who’s interested I guess, but man it rides great and 4 wheel drive woks like a charm. Selling It would help me finish paying for a pool for my kids, but every day I hold on to it. Makes me not want to sell..

• neohic changed the title to 1988 Laredo/MJOTM submission

Yup, that's excellent. Two things: from what I can tell, the seats have been reupholstered (they should match the door panel plaid fabric) and the radio has been switched out for one from a later model.

I really lucked up and got it in its current condition for 5,300. I got some good feedback. So Minuit said that the seats have been re upholstered. I didn’t know that part of its history. I did know that the grandson of the original owner pulled the radio and replaced with a modern one. The fella that last had it. Installed the one I have now. I’m going to put it out there nationwide and start at 29k. If I don’t get any interest at least in the ballpark. It will be a great reason to keep it. I’m really enjoying it. Every day I have it, makes me want to hold on to it. I got it at such a great price, and  It’s in such great shape. I could now just spend the time to get all of the really little things right. Thanks for your help