• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With 55 replies at the time of writing, this thread is already on Page 8 of 1145 if you sort by Most Replied. 64 would get it to Page 5.

114 would kick the bottom of Page 1 down to Page 2. Come on, we can do this.

Realistic:

Get something like this, pry it back straight, and unscrew it like normal.

Image result for mini crow bar

Unrealistic:

Tack weld a link of chain to the head, and use a tow strap through the passenger window connected to another Comanche to yank that sucker out loose tooth style.

Image result for funny loose tooth string trick

Epic:

Leave it, paint that bad boy gold, and clearance the a-pillar trim so that it can be seen and enjoyed for years to come. It is ComancheClub famous at this point after all! :L:

1144TT Metallic Gold Enamel Paint

13 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Somehow you got the trim off with that screw still in there so why remove it :dunno:. You can just bash it back on. 

LMAO

I had a 1991 F-150 that had the countersunk bosses break off the plastic windshield pillar trim.  That meant none of the OEM screws would retain the plastic.  

I ended up using sheet metal screws that had an integral washer to span the now oversized hole to mount the plastic trim.

Boy Ford used some really bad plastic resin for their trim back then that got SUPER brittle in the AZ 😡

On 2/15/2021 at 6:11 PM, Jesse J said:

there is this screw in my a pillar that got shoved sideways and I can't get a screw driver on because the dash is in the way. I hve tried pliers and need ideas

IMG-0809.JPG

Did anyone suggest:

Righty tighty lefty loosey

2 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Somehow you got the trim off with that screw still in there so why remove it :dunno:. You can just bash it back on. 

well I used some vice grips to no avail the screw might just live there :dunno: