Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

80s equals chrome. I'm still a fan of shiny chrome. Door handles, window vents, and side mirrors along with bumpers. Maybe even the trim around the windshield and door vent window, a Chrome grill. Now I don't know if all this came in any package together but I do remember seeing all these pieces on the Comanches. Oh and your light bar needs to be chrome or stainless steel. Lites are to be big round KC lights with the yellow covers. They now make LEDS in that style.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tugboat95 said:

80s equals chrome. I'm still a fan of shiny chrome. Door handles, window vents, and side mirrors along with bumpers. Maybe even the trim around the windshield and door vent window, a Chrome grill. Now I don't know if all this came in any package together but I do remember seeing all these pieces on the Comanches. Oh and your light bar needs to be chrome or stainless steel. Lites are to be big round KC lights with the yellow covers. They now make LEDS in that style.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

 

I think I do want to start getting chrome pieces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chrome, mud flaps, roll bar, lots of chrome lights, brush guard, bed rails, graphics (still working on the right wheels).

 

I think your front bumper will always make it appear "modern."

 

2.jpg.0c70957015c023fe5a6b04e3b11b68ee.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Chrome, mud flaps, roll bar, lots of chrome lights, brush guard, bed rails, graphics (still working on the right wheels).

 

I think your front bumper will always make it appear "modern."

 

2.jpg.0c70957015c023fe5a6b04e3b11b68ee.jpg


Ya need the running boards! Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to auxiliary lights, you will find different answers depending on the region of the country.

 

Back east, you really don't need much (relative speaking) in the way of added lighting, and using it on real roads will get you attention from law enforcement.

 

Out in the west (such as AZ, where I live), extra lighting outside of town is VERY appreciated, especially on secondary roads.  It's damned near mandatory on Forest Service roads.    And if you are using those added lights, just be courteous to other drivers and tone it down when there is oncoming traffic.  If you do that, the cops probably won't even say anything about your lights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

Chrome, mud flaps, roll bar, lots of chrome lights, brush guard, bed rails, graphics (still working on the right wheels).

 

I think your front bumper will always make it appear "modern."

 

2.jpg.0c70957015c023fe5a6b04e3b11b68ee.jpg

Thanks! I’m trying to get there one piece at a time. I will probably replace the front bumper with an OEM one if I find an OEM brushguard. 

 

1 hour ago, AZJeff said:

When it comes to auxiliary lights, you will find different answers depending on the region of the country.

 

Back east, you really don't need much (relative speaking) in the way of added lighting, and using it on real roads will get you attention from law enforcement.

 

Out in the west (such as AZ, where I live), extra lighting outside of town is VERY appreciated, especially on secondary roads.  It's damned near mandatory on Forest Service roads.    And if you are using those added lights, just be courteous to other drivers and tone it down when there is oncoming traffic.  If you do that, the cops probably won't even say anything about your lights.

I’m in WI. We are only allowed 4 white lights in use one the road. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

80s was also dual/triple/quad/as many as you could fit shocks with bright neon shock boots.  Triple/double roll bar.  Need to spend as much on the stereo as the truck cost.  Dark tint on the windows.  Louvers over the back window.  Bandana tied in a loop and hanging from the rear view mirror- or a blue bandana tied around the driver sun visor and pink on the pass side.  Chrome or polished aluminum "mod" wheels.  And the aforementioned KC Daylighters.

 

I may or may not be speaking from experience...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jesse J said:

why?

Guy driving, girl riding shotgun.

 

11 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

We’re all forgetting the most important thing here. The fact that if you’re gonna go 80’s, you’ll need to ditch all but two formats, vinyl and cassette. 

Need one of these behind the seat.

m_5e52fddbde696a61a3f96bbc.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, schardein said:

And I rocked this air freshener on my rear view mirror most of my senior year- 1986.  Driving a 78 Chevy truck.

NOS-1980s-HAULIN-ASS-Car-Air-Freshener.jpg

 

That air freshener did it use Scratch "N" Sniff technology?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...