3 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Those wouldn't be too hard to reproduce.  I'll have to find a set of them to replicate.  There doesn't appear to be a whole lot for room for custom switch layouts with that large of a light bulb.  Would probably only be able to fit up to 3 switches across maybe.

Actually, making the light cutout even wider would be nice since it could backlight a larger symbol. The customized panel though would be the clock area. Keeping a factory look would be key here and the 4 switches in the clock area just don’t look quite oem. A pair of switches in the cigarette lighter area would look nice also 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Actually, making the light cutout even wider would be nice since it could backlight a larger symbol. The customized panel though would be the clock area. Keeping a factory look would be key here and the 4 switches in the clock area just don’t look quite oem. A pair of switches in the cigarette lighter area would look nice also 

Ahh ok I see what you are saying.  

switches everywhere!  :D   the more I think about it, the more I kinda want that for truck.  they don't all have to do anything, just make it look like a fighter jet cockpit.  :laugh:  or maybe it's all part of my anti-theft procedure.  certain ones need to be up and others down before it'll fire up.  :comanche:  up, up, down, up, up, down, up, down, down... or was that up, down, down, up, up, down, up, up, down?

I've been working all sorts of ideas for switches.  Air compressor, air lockers, several lights, etc.  I'm also doing a custom dash so I can add a couple of gauges.  I'm going to repurpose the light cluster on the left by putting in small LED lights in between the gauges so I can have a switch panel there.  I figure 8 extra switches (4 on each side of the dash) along with the four factory switches below the dash should be close to what I need.

1 hour ago, Aussiemj said:

Do you have blank ones

It’s not impossible to make blanks but if your going to need a blank I’d suggest just using a thin piece of black plastic and trimming it to fit. Our covers are multi layered with color filters and glow through effects so it would be overkill to make a blank panel this way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a quick heads up to everyone, I have quite a few different designs now in stock as well as refurbished base holders and bulb sockets. I’m very short on new oem switches but should have enough for a few more. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

I'm glad I'm finding some time on the club again. Looks like you've been busy and their looking good.

Thanks! It’s been a fun project. It’s been very busy lately and I haven’t been able to make much progress lately but I still have all the materials to produce quite a few more. 

On 1/18/2021 at 6:49 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

Just reached out to all pending orders with updates and drafts for final approval. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Email sent just to verify. Thank you sir!

Just wanted to update this thread and post up some of the custom versions that have been completed so far. Lots of different versions requested and produced so far. All have the oem glow through and are multi-layered like the originals. 

FLRL.jpg

FLSBL.jpg

REM.jpg

RT.jpg

TPCB.jpg

TPCFS.jpg

TPCRL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, gai092460 said:

I  was interested if you still have available the switch plate ( Fog light and rear cargo  light ?) 

Thanks George Ivaldi  

I do. I have all versions available and have a good supply of switches at the moment. Send me a PM or email if you don’t mind with what all you need. 

I took a switch blank drilled a hole and used a corner chisel in my press to make the hole square the size of a cat 5 connector. Then I cut the keystone plate the connector snaps into to fit the backside of the blank (this is not really necessary, just adds extra strength) so the connector would sit flush with the front and assembled everything with epoxy.

IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2190.PNG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

Sorry :hijack:

Down to my last 8 oem switches. That’s it for the nos switches. There are tons of aftermarket options but I haven’t seen one I like as an oem replacement yet. 

Plenty of switch trim covers in stock. Most can ship out within a week. 

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, TicoComanche said:

Update, fit like a glove, if you still thinking about buying it, do it now ! Awesome finish! 

18FF8EE3-A0B3-4B79-ADFE-272CE4025544.jpeg

C7C20F18-176A-47A8-8772-9269D222D087.jpeg

Glad you liked it! It’s very satisfying to built these custom new panels and keep the oem fit, finish and function. Thanks for the good word. 

Just a quick update: I’ve been super busy at work but things are starting to slow down. I’ll be redoubling the efforts in the switch trim covers and A/C control panels soon.