Jesse builds a truck

little update. been swamped with school and a kitchen remodel. A few things got my rear bumper off and stripped down my bench seat because I'm gonna add headrests heated seats and adjustable lumbar support. and I'm making a custom headliner  

62792895886--FBDA1880-0A7B-4B21-9196-7E270E88E96B.JPG

IMG-0522.JPG

IMG-0523.JPG

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Heated seats are probably in my blue truck’s future. That will probably happen when I replace the bench seat cover. 

yes but the frame was also cracked and I'm gonna add adjustable lumbar support and headrests out of a wj seat. and the springs where sagged a whole host of reasons why I cut the rear foam out. my vinyl sample has yet to come from sms but once I order that I'll start sewing new covers. My dad used to work at a local shop that made really bomber backpacks and has a nice machine that I've sewn several packs with so.

• 2 weeks later...

succesful day at the yard found the trim pieces I need and a 10 slot black and a 8 slot chrome grill. I'm debating putting the chrome grill and headlight housings on mine let me know. will be going back for an ax 15 out of an xj to swap.

IMG-0573.JPG

IMG-0564.JPG

IMG-0577.JPG

IMG-0575.JPG

IMG-0574.JPG

well I decided that it is just so much work right now. I could get another Comanche with a factory manual. Idk I think maybe when I rebuild my engine it would get a manual but not right now. sorry :/. got some rotating quarters for some airflow and a new drivers side pace of glass because mine is scratched and makes a horrible noise:confused: i don't know how I'm gonna fix that 

3 minutes ago, jdog said:

It could cause both issues your having with the window

oh yes good point. it seems to me that ( theres a pic at the top of the thread) the scratching looks to me like some metal on glass contact. it makes too much of a loud horrible noise that can't be caused by some old rubber

1 minute ago, MiNi Beast said:

pull the trans, use it or sell it and make some coin to buy more jeep parts. :doh: trans easier to pull then install. half day work make few hundred bucks. just sayin. :brows:

yeah good point. :doh:

2 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

oh yes good point. it seems to me that ( theres a pic at the top of the thread) the scratching looks to me like some metal on glass contact. it makes too much of a loud horrible noise that can't be caused by some old rubber

yeah good point. :doh:

There's metal clips that hold the rubber on

3 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Make sure to lube up the regulator assembly. That will help with rolling the window up and down smoothly. But you probably need new felts for the window. There’s also a tube in the door that is used to for lubrication of the regulator as well. 

anyway to lube it up with the regulator in the door?

• Jesse J changed the title to Jesse builds a truck