Full Console Hand Brake Block Off Plate

This is a 3D printed block off plate to cover the hand brake/parking brake slot on a full-size center console.  It is intended to cover the hand brake slot when installing an XJ full-size console in an MJ.  This will fit both the MJ and XJ full-size console.  The MJ full-size consoles came from the factory with a very similar block off plate.

IMG_20201026_195123.jpg.fb816239f8c95d090985005b20640696.jpg

IMG_20201025_111052882.jpg.3aae384c88c7a8e6d520b60b6a71a92a.jpg.2f0305a9aacceeb715c353afcbc2c357.jpg

Photo courtesy of: JMO413

IMG_20201025_141208094.jpg.2db80cd2ed57b616d913df829e4f1409.jpg.9dd9fd9d0ec9429277c4866539ca7591.jpg

Original MJ block off plate for comparison

IMG_20201025_110909859.jpg.87d309fe2bdb210bcd4ed0c39533bae2.jpg.8eecc83f23a990addd583e4b0f8b7660.jpg

To install, get the top clamped in place first and work your way down the plate placing a couple clamps.  Once it's clamped in place, use an adhesive to hold it in place.  Anything designed for plastic would be fine.  If you are installing in an XJ console, you will have to remove the plate with the rubber flaps in it first.

IMG_20201026_195133.jpg.9b9372bb759124dd41956714de483b03.jpg

IMG_20201026_195149.jpg.072dccdb45a973ef30802f229bbbfa8b.jpg

It comes printed in black and is slightly darker than the console due to the orientation it must be printed.  If desired, you can paint it any color, just do a light wet sand and use paint and primer designed for plastic.  You could also do a VERY light wet sand to lighten the color a bit and get a closer match to the console color, do this at your own risk however as it's easy to ruin a plastic part this way.

This part will be made to order.  Please allow time for printing, processing, and shipping.  Currently I will ask for 1-2 weeks lead time but I will keep each person updated individually on order status.  

Price is $18 + shipping.  Shipping should be roughly $5 in the US, these will ship from central Iowa so you can estimate your cost higher the further away you are.  I will give an accurate shipping cost upon order.  

PayPal preferred, please add $1 if paying via the "Goods and Services" option to help cover the added paypal fee.

Please PM me to order and be sure to read the disclaimer below.  Thank you!

***DISCLAIMER***

- These are printed in PLA plastic.  This plastic can warp at temperatures of 135-140*F.  With the way this is installed, there should be very little to no warping even on the hottest days in the desert but still is a possibility in extreme environments.

- This is a 3D printed part.  This means not all block off plates will appear or fit exactly the same.  If you have an issue with yours, please contact me and we can work out the issue together.

- Due to this being a made to order part, lead time may change.  I will update this post if the lead time changes.

Do you have a picture of how it attaches on the back?  Given the location for the screw holes there it seems obvious but I'd like to see a picture of it if you have one.

4 minutes ago, derf said:

Do you have a picture of how it attaches on the back?  Given the location for the screw holes there it seems obvious but I'd like to see a picture of it if you have one.

There actually aren't any screws involved in attaching it.  It must be glued in place.  The slots are designed to fit over the nub things that hold the original in place as the original is plastic welded on through similar slots.

This new plate will sit on the back like so

IMG_20201016_131316.jpg.f8d78e2953708865f445000a999fd1da.jpg.1ebc9449e165ea8e2cfb79a83f50d8b7.jpg

Then you will need to clamp it down and use some form of glue in the slots or the edges to hold in place.

This is JMO413's solution using Norton 2 part epoxy.

IMG_20201025_111100989.jpg.5d480f1999dc624218d4e89e4d516da5.jpg.a28be3d46f07d17e1bdfc629be1931ff.jpg

7 minutes ago, schardein said:

Nice work!  I'm still considering adding a factory console, but I want to retain my column shifter, which means I need a block off plate for the shifter hole in the console :brows:

Would be fairly easy to make something for this.  Blank plate or maybe something with cupholders?

It would be awesome if you could make a new center insert all together. Basically the entire black section of the console. You could integrate some nice features like switch holders, gauge holders and cup holders that work. Even 1 good cup holder would be awesome. I was wanting to build a custom center console with a provision for an 8” sub for my MJ. An insert would probably sell pretty good though. The existing XJ designed insert is just such a waste of space

3 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

It would be awesome if you could make a new center insert all together. Basically the entire black section of the console. You could integrate some nice features like switch holders, gauge holders and cup holders that work. Even 1 good cup holder would be awesome. I was wanting to build a custom center console with a provision for an 8” sub for my MJ. An insert would probably sell pretty good though. The existing XJ designed insert is just such a waste of space

It is possible, would be expensive and multiple prints tho.  I am working on things to make it more useful tho so keep an eye out.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

I have another idea for a piece. Something that takes the spot of the ashtray and has 2 cup holders before the mini console. 

Support for the other consoles definitely will come in time.  I like the idea of making the ashtray area useful.  I can't imagine many people use the integrated ashtray these days.

2 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Support for the other consoles definitely will come in time.  I like the idea of making the ashtray area useful.  I can't imagine many people use the integrated ashtray these days.

Whats an ash tray? The phone holder?

7 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

It is possible, would be expensive and multiple prints tho.  I am working on things to make it more useful tho so keep an eye out.  :thumbsup:

Sounds good. Keep us posted! I was about to get started on this center console project. I need to get after the switch trim covers too :popcorn:

8 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I don’t use mine and it likes falling out. It kinda gets irritating.