Movable axle storage rack

saveevryjp1998

I'm just curious if anyone here has built any. I have drawn a couple ideas up and created a material list. I have access to a bunch of 1" tube and 3/16" flat stock for free laying around and I'd like to put it to use. I have more concrete to pour yet. I'd like to keep the height under 6' and depth of rack base under 40". Please feel free to toss out ideas and feedback. I should add that I will be doing 2 racks, would like to get 4-5 per rack minimum, but also should be able to roll under one man operation across concrete. I've been getting around to cleaning and organizing more around here. I now have a 20'×6' slab to safely work on. I'll have a section of quickcrete I'll mix next week for the axles. While it has a week to cure, I want to build the racks. My welding equipment as of now is limited to a 90 amp flux core Harbor Freight special. It's done the job just fine in the past but I'm very limited on material thickness. I think I'll need a minimum of 2 racks and should house 5 a piece is my goal. 

20201017_184844.jpg.ae88926d7199b4f123899bda2abea431.jpg

3 minutes ago, strictlyxjs said:

We built a simple rack out of pallet racks (think the orange shelving you see in home depot) It would not be hard to add some heavy duty casters to it. We just move the whole thing with a forklift. One 10 ft section can hold about 7 axles. You can check craiglist or see if you have any around you. We order ours from a place called yankee supply.