• 3 weeks later...

Lol. He has a naturally stern voice, I was not nearby to witness the phone call made sadly but I am sure he wasn't too stern to come off as being a jerk. But I am sure he probably inquired why they wouldn't sell an old part over the phone though. 

Some dealers are really finicky about selling stuff out of state and over the phone. I don't know why. My boss made the same point you did. Course he said(not to the dealer) "If you want to sell an obsolete part, sell it! Otherwise let it sit for another 20 years and hope that a Jeep owner in NY is going to come and ask you for that part." 

The last drivers side hood hinge. I don't need this part. Another member is doing a full refresh of what ever parts they can get for their MJ's.

19 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

The last drivers side hood hinge. I don't need this part. Another member is doing a full refresh of what ever parts they can get for their MJ's.

What kind of nut job is looking for a hood hinge?

20 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Some dealers are really finicky about selling stuff out of state and over the phone. I don't know why. My boss made the same point you did. Course he said(not to the dealer) "If you want to sell an obsolete part, sell it! Otherwise let it sit for another 20 years and hope that a Jeep owner in NY is going to come and ask you for that part." 

NY dealers can definitely be hard to deal with. I have bought a few parts from NY and a Dad voice as I call it is almost always required. Most other dealers are thrilled to still the old stuff.