Knucklehead97

So my Respiratory Therapist wife's job finally caught up to her...

Well my wife, who is a respiratory Therapist at UAB (she works with Covid-19 daily) finally caught the bug. She tested positive. She is perfectly fine other than a few small symptoms, but due to us being married I am out of work for 2 weeks or longer if I end up getting sick. She called me and told me today while I was at work so I promptly told my manager, left work and stopped by Lowe's for a quick supplies run to make sure I have something to do for 2 weeks. Going to install new ceiling fans throughout the house, finish my washroom remodel, and start on the kitchen remodel. Got family and friends leaving groceries on the doorstep for us to stay alive on. Gotta make the best of a bad situation!

Glad her symptoms are low. Best of luck and stay safe. Have fun on the remodel. 

Be well man.  I could say a lot more about this hype but I won't out of respect for the board and CC community.  Y'all will be fine, take care of the wife and don't go insane doing it.

My wife works at the local VA, and I'm fully expecting her to get it sooner than later.  I'll be in the same boat as you.

My wife is a respiratory therapist also. Waiting for my turn. She never gets sick, she just brings it home to me. :doh:

On 7/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, Knucklehead97 said:

Well my wife, who is a respiratory Therapist at UAB (she works with Covid-19 daily) finally caught the bug. She tested positive. She is perfectly fine other than a few small symptoms, but due to us being married I am out of work for 2 weeks or longer if I end up getting sick. She called me and told me today while I was at work so I promptly told my manager, left work and stopped by Lowe's for a quick supplies run to make sure I have something to do for 2 weeks. Going to install new ceiling fans throughout the house, finish my washroom remodel, and start on the kitchen remodel. Got family and friends leaving groceries on the doorstep for us to stay alive on. Gotta make the best of a bad situation!

COVID-19 isn't anything to take lightly. I'll say my prayers for you and your wife to not have any serious complications.

Sorry to hear that. Despite all the precautions we take(which do help!) it still happens. 

I also recently got COVID, luckily for me it was pretty minor, but I don't want to downplay the seriousness of it, different people react different ways, and it could have been much much worse. Take it as a reminder to everyone that its still a real issue, and we have a duty to everyone(read social contract) to do our own part to reduce the spread as much as possible. 

My grand mother turned 90 this year, she has been in super lockdown since the Rona started, if in some small way me making personal sacrifices saves the life of one person like her then its worth it.