SoCalManche

Who else is drinking and wrenching today?

Getting ready to attack the front end suspension with new coil springs. The sun is out and it's a gorgeous day here in San Diego today. Figured I'd grab some appropriate beer while working on the MJ. 

For those of you that have over a 3" lift and have swapped out coils...are you able to just drop the axle and let them pop out? Or is it closer to the FSM route?

For everyone else...what are you drinking today?

IMG_20200730_140616.jpg.4727c8aad33b4cd44791eba52fe17235.jpg

I do both every night lol. Mostly whiskey/rum and sprite. But always jeeps!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I wrenched some this morning but not on my MJ. Actually had to fix something at work. Oh and no beer allowed.

89 Comanche

Eliminator

2wd

4.0L

5 speed PukeGoat

Factory Original

Not wrenching, but drinking:beerchug:

You can use a small bottle Jack between the axle and frame rail to pop the coils out/in.  Disco the lower shock, TRE and the sway bar link.  Easy as pizza-pie.

I'm right there with mjeff87. I only work on the trucks on the weekends but have cocktails every evening.:nutherround:

Corona and new spark plugs, wires cap and rotor for me. Gotta cool off a bit first. Mariner game may jump in front tho

I don't drink often but this week has been hell thanks to Chrysler. Been considering having something when I get home.

You guys are cracking me up over here. I meant who is drinking and wrenching simultaneously today! Ha! 

Such a fun development. Swapped these supposed 4.5" coils (PO claimed this) with 4.5" coils I purchased. There is a SIGNIFICANT difference, lol. Besides this development, this coil swap was much quicker and easier than expected, after reading so many other stories on the matter. Gonna need to go back to spring under axle now.

Digging the gray though...

IMG_20200730_181126.jpg.4d174e57cc12aed4ea399ae0a415b93d.jpgIMG_20200730_194636.jpg.8a42fd2ae3d5fe6f01e671638ac8d721.jpg

unsprung length means little since the spring rates can be different. :L: 

26 minutes ago, Pete M said:

unsprung length means little since the spring rates can be different. :L: 

Did you not see the second picture with the springs under load? Her caboose is sticking up a "tad" higher than the front end.

Way too hot out to be wrenching today. It’s been breaching 30° every day this week.