Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Might as well go the full nine yards and pressure wash that carpet. Might look damn good and be satisfying, I know I enjoyed watching the life and color come back to my carpet.

I will have to put that on my: to do eventually list. Overall the carpet is actually in surprisingly good shape considering how it was used. There aren’t any tears in it and even the rubber pad for the petals isn’t even worn. But, I might have to do that to get the slight odor out of it. Pros and cons of it being parked in a barn, the interior isn’t sun faded, but is full of rats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I wouldnt put it off for very long especially with having had rats in there, you don't want to be breathing that stuff in once its at daily status. 

I’ll probably do it when I pull the motor, since it won’t be used and thus the carpet can sit and dry out. It’ll also be a great time to look at the floorboards to see if anything needs to be done (probably not, but I’m going to check anyway)

 

Also, I wanna note here, I don’t have A/C in the thing, so it’s a windows down all the time kind of driver (especially because it’s bloody hot here in KS, even when it’s raining) so if that helps my point for breathing in the air, but I will agree, hopefully I’ll stop getting stuff in my eyes while driving. (I always thought it was headliner glue, but I think I could have been that)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dickinson County Comanche said:

I don’t think so. But then again, I’m no rodent expert. I live by one simple motto:

 

”If I see it, I kill it, because if you don’t, it’s going to be back”

 

it's not the rodent you need to worry about, it's the stuff it leaves behind.  but it appears rats aren't the primary spreader in the US so you should be fine. :L: 

 

Quote

Each hantavirus serotype has a specific rodent host species and is spread to people via aerosolized virus that is shed in urine, feces, and saliva, and less frequently by a bite from an infected host. The most important hantavirus in the United States that can cause HPS is the Sin Nombre virus, spread by the deer mouse.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete M said:

 

it's not the rodent you need to worry about, it's the stuff it leaves behind.  but it appears rats aren't the primary spreader in the US so you should be fine. :L: 

 

 

Well good, I’m glad that they aren’t spreading a virus into my truck. I already have one to worry about...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it seems as if the swap is going to be more of a necessity now. Engine ran really hot going the 20+ miles home at 70. I don’t think anything is broken, i.e. head gasket, head cracks, etc. But to add insult to injury, the PukeGoat absolutely refuses to stay in 4th, you have to put your feet on the floor and pull it in order to keep it in. So, it looks like when I get the tractor sold, I’ll know what to do. 
 

Also, @Pete M my donor truck does have a full set of decent red fender flares, if you’d want them. I’m parting the truck out (1990 eliminator) in order to see if I can make money off the swap in order to put back into other areas of the truck. (Like shocks) so they’re all game if you want them. They’ll probably have to be repainted though, unless they’re one color all the way through, which then a good buff and maybe some clear coat will fix them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dickinson County Comanche said:

Well, it seems as if the swap is going to be more of a necessity now. Engine ran really hot going the 20+ miles home at 70. I don’t think anything is broken, i.e. head gasket, head cracks, etc. But to add insult to injury, the PukeGoat absolutely refuses to stay in 4th, you have to put your feet on the floor and pull it in order to keep it in. So, it looks like when I get the tractor sold, I’ll know what to do. 
 

Also, @Pete M my donor truck does have a full set of decent red fender flares, if you’d want them. I’m parting the truck out (1990 eliminator) in order to see if I can make money off the swap in order to put back into other areas of the truck. (Like shocks) so they’re all game if you want them. They’ll probably have to be repainted though, unless they’re one color all the way through, which then a good buff and maybe some clear coat will fix them.

 

 

I appreciate the offer. :L:  but I've got a pair that are nice-but-need-paint.  I'm trying to find a set that are faded and would match the rest of the truck.  mine are so sun faded that the plastic has disintegrated on the top. :(  that's a lot of sun!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, Pete M said:

 

 

I appreciate the offer. :L:  but I've got a pair that are nice-but-need-paint.  I'm trying to find a set that are faded and would match the rest of the truck.  mine are so sun faded that the plastic has disintegrated on the top. :(  that's a lot of sun!

These are pretty faded, but they’re strong still. They look more of a light red than standard. I guess almost 20 years of direct sun will take its toll.

9A0BEB19-D8A3-434F-8EAF-CACCB035FD35.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Wow, it’s been a while, figured I’d update on it at the moment.
 

Well, the BA10/5 did what it does best: fail, the countershaft bearings have finally given up. Trans skips horribly. AX-15 swap is in the planning phase right now.

 

I tracked my low oil pressure to a clogged oil pump pickup, so that’ll get replaced at the same time (as well as the pump)

 

I also want to do the lift-off doors modification, but that’s a back-burner thing.

 

So, not a whole lot of driving in the last two months, made sure I go out and start it weekly so it’s a bit happy.

 

Overall, the Comanche has become a back burner project for the last two months due to another unexpected arrival....

 

I hope to have the trans swapped within the next month. I love driving it to school, it’ll especially probably be fun when it starts to get snowy outside. (With extra attention to wash it, of course)

D2B353D2-2440-4D24-B307-CEBA43B91EF4.jpeg

40686A77-9043-4439-892A-64ACC3016594.jpeg

DB30E017-D8FD-4974-81AD-5ADC7DBF669E.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Dickinson County Comanche said:

Yeah. I suppose you’re right. Though about splurging on a really good undercoat.

 

that won't protect the important bits.  once salt gets into the frame and rockers, it's only a matter of time. :(  just buy a cheap beater with snow tires for salt use. :L: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, unfortunately this is most likely where this thread ends. Earlier today I passed along my ol manche along the line. She was a good old truck, but finances come first, and with a bad trans she was on the chopping block. Don’t fret though, hope is that I can get one sooner than later, and I’ll recommence my Comanche adventures. 
 

She’s in good hands. She’ll get some larger tires and a lift. If I get any updates I’ll post them here. 

428D6639-CEBC-413F-96F2-A8DD6EE09E9F.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...