Sign in to follow this  
Pete M

another MJ RV has popped up!

I saw that. I want it! It would be great for towing a crawler or racing MJ to different locations. 

How did they make these? Its not factory is it? Some aftermarket company built them right? What frame was used? Looks like a dually rear?

I know the 4.0 is torquey but i would imagine it struggled hard to maintain highway speed.

made by a camper company.  only made a few.

They pretty much just lengthened and built off of the existing unit frame, unitized frame construction like MJ has is pretty commonly used in motorhomes,busses, and delivery trucks.

They are very gutless with the 4.0l and did it's best just to pull itself, when Ben had his he talked about pulling his MJ behind it but soon realized that it wasn't going to be able to without a bunch of work.

3 hours ago, mnkyboy said:

They pretty much just lengthened and built off of the existing unit frame, unitized frame construction like MJ has is pretty commonly used in motorhomes,busses, and delivery trucks.

They are very gutless with the 4.0l and did it's best just to pull itself, when Ben had his he talked about pulling his MJ behind it but soon realized that it wasn't going to be able to without a bunch of work.

I would be very curious to see what the frame looks like. I wonder what the curb weight is. 7k?

I would imagine even a well tuned stroker would probably struggle. Anything less than a V8 or a turbo diesel would probably be a dog.

Here's the one Ben had, he posted a couple frame pics.

Probably not worse than the Toyota version, though.