tompeter

1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer Pickup Truck

Why would anyone buy something without a title? 

The broken front clip in the bed & the fresh looking paint on the outside makes me thing that thing was in a decent accident...possibly why the “rebuilt” title is MIA

They put the newer style Ho grill in it not the correct Renix grill and heal light bezels. You can tell there is still some stuff missing off the front.

I have looked into getting a bonded title here in Georgia and it isn't a terrible process if you hold onto it for 4 years I think it was then you can get a normal title.

I just don't understand how people lose them. Just put it in an envelope somewhere and don't touch it.

I don't know what it's like in other states, but in VA if you lose your title you just go to DMV and get a replacement. If the vehicle is registered to you and you have valid ID, including your VA issued photo ID, they print you a new one. Simple as that. So when I see something for sale that says "no title", somewhere along the way of that vehicle being sold or "acquired", it was either abandoned and unable to locate the owner or it changed hands without the intent to pay sales tax or have it registered as a street legal vehicle. I've never tried to buy a vehicle that had no title, but if I did, even if I didn't plan to drive it on the street i.e. an off-road vehicle, I still want the seller to have a reasonable explanation why there is no title. Just weird to me.....