Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Since this has been a topic for a while I thought I would post my version for those that don't have access to a lot of special equipment. I had one good tailgate side insulator and one that was smashed.I removed the metal insert from the smashed one and cleaned it up. Made a plaster of paris mold of the good one. used silicon dielectric grease as a release on the rubber so it could be removed from mold, once mold has set up I drilled through original 3/16 to find center then removed original and drilled 1/2 hole through mold and inserted 1/2 dowel to support metal insert and used a small screw to hold insert to dowel, clamped dowel in vise to hold insert at proper height in mold, inside of mold and dowel get a lite coat of the dielectric grease as release, slowly pour FLEX SEAL LIQUID into mold till full I let it sit one week to fully cure. Both body side insulators were smashed so I cut one out of wood to form mold of it and poured that one today same process. This one turned out well and so far I have a $20 investment. I used FLEX SEAL LIQUID just cause its cheap but I believe windshield urethane would work as well and may set up faster. In pics original is on left FS part on right

IMG_20200518_203007.jpg

IMG_20200518_203019.jpg

IMG_20200518_203243.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...