yeah, it should have holes or gaps in it already.  :L:  doesn't have to be big ones, but they should be there.  if not, I'd consider that tank a defect. :(

Hey, JeepNut, USS Paul F. Foster--were you in Battlegroup Delta, serving USS Constellation CV-64? I was on Connie, came back from deployment June 1st, 1989. I'm almost sure you were in BG Delta, but I'd have to check my cruisebook to confirm.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:42 AM, Dzimm said:

It should already have holes in it...

Got the boroscope out and indeed all the little "gold" dots in the picture are small holes!

There are like 6 of them about 1/4" - 5/16" diameter.

Nice except... I guess I can't get 23 gallons in it...sigh.

oh well.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, silvertwinkiehobo said:

USS Paul F. Foster--were you in Battlegroup Delta, serving USS Constellation CV-64?

Was before and after ya. lol

BG C for Carl Vinson and the next cruise after our yard period (Tomahawk VLS installed... WHEE!) we served in BG E for Ranger....

Was lucky enough to have 2 full cruises and a mini RIMPAC on the same outstanding Spruance class.  She's the last floating I believe.

Now serving as the Navy's latest test platform out of Port Hueneme.

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

is it a 23 gal tank?

It's said to be 18gal.

I should dump water into it and see... I'm so curious and there's so much conflicting info.

Do we have a source for the windsheild clips for the chrome trim?  I searched McMaster Carr and Clips&Fasteners.com with no luck.

If we can't get new I guess I'll ask some of the folks with trim for sale in the classifieds. But would rather have new plastic.

IMG_20200701_184122.jpg.0bb95ffc8c037a6e2a97ae78010f4e4d.jpg

Just now, TheJeepNut said:

Do we have a source for the windsheild clips for the chrome trim?  I searched McMaster Carr and Clips&Fasteners.com with no luck.

If we can't get new I guess I'll ask some of the folks with trim for sale in the classifieds. But would rather have new plastic.

IMG_20200701_184122.jpg.0bb95ffc8c037a6e2a97ae78010f4e4d.jpg

I forgot who made mine but I got them off ebay for an XJ. Try an XJ for front end stuff including the windshield.