Sign in to follow this  

Upside down photos and the V6 no way they're getting 9k, I hope they do tho because that's great news for all of us!

Looks really clean tho from my upside down viewpoint

Missing the horn button, top trim piece to center console, and pass window crank.  Steering column is gray when it should be color matched, suggesting someone swapped it in, maybe to gain tilt.  Tilt lever looks like it is zip tied to something behind the dash bezel, suggesting something is wrong with the tilt.  Not a single picture of the engine compartment.  Missing driver side "COMANCHE" and "XLS" emblems, missing 4x4 emblems, missing radio antenna bezel, broken driver side seat recline lever, pass rear flare has a hole in it, driver door uses mirror that bolts onto the door and is missing the trim where the wing mounted breakaway mirror attaches, pass side has wing mounted breakaway mirror.

I would run, not walk, away from this for 9k.  I would have to see it in person, and start offers at 2k for a rust free truck (if it is) with some cool bits- Potentially nice early interior with buckets, cargo light (at least the switch is there), chrome trimmed tail lights, chrome tailgate handle.

To add to Greg's excellent analysis:

Seats have been reupholstered. New fabric is not even close to correct. Original fabric would match the door panels.

An XLS may have had a tilt column from the factory. Original column could have been loose and replaced with another one. My guess is that the tilt lever return spring is broken or missing. Too bad they replaced the column with a garbage one.

Radio is not factory, but is period correct. May have been a radio delete and was added on early in the truck's life. I have seen many of those so they could've been a common dealer option.

You be the judge.

1 hour ago, coolwind57 said:

Beyond annoying to look at those pics when they're upside down.  

The worst

Dude had the pics right side up when he had it listed as an XJ! Everyone should know it’s not safe to drink and EBay:))