CC cookbook

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

thin?  thick?  stuffed?  crispy?  for homemade crust I prefer a thick puffy crust.  :drool:  I searched around and this one is approximately what I've done:

Thank you! I’ll chech this out. 

What style doesnt really matter. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are a huge hit at any party (after social distancing is lifted, of course.) Jalapenos cut in half, stuffed with pimento cheese, wrapped in bacon, dusted with brown sugar, hickory smoked for an

Posted Images

Tomato jam

My tomato plants are out of control, sadly most of the fruits are fubar because of the excessive rain we've been having here (about 11" over the last couple weeks:sad:).  Most of them are splitting and/or rotting on the stem before I can get to them.  I pulled about 3 lbs worth off today, pared them up (saved the seeds for next years planting) and made a small batch of tomato jam.  This is something you make today to eat tomorrow and later on.  I got about 2 lbs worth of edible fruit after paring, chopped them all up and threw them into a heavy bottom pot.  Added about a1/3 cup of local honey, a splash of apple cider vinegar, some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.  Simmered the whole mess for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, then let it cool for a bit.  Pushed it all through a colander in the hopes to strain out the skins but that didn't really work out so well, so I just stirred it all together.  Ended up with about 1.5 cups of the most concentrated, dead-of-summer tomato jam you could ever imagine.  Once cooled and congealed, it will make one heck of a good spread on crostini, BLT's, or dolloped onto a plate with some fresh basil and mozzarella cheese, among other things:beerchug:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

so far on the last couple junkyarding trips my meals have been 2 pieces of bread, a stack of turkey slices, and a piece of cheese, usually with a diet MT Dew.  feel free to follow me for more fantastic recipes. :D 

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2020 at 10:40 AM, eaglescout526 said:

I know its been a bit since my frosted flake chicken post but has anyone else besides 89 MJ tried it?

not yet, i have all the stuff to make it just been lazy