Warren Mohler

Saving Info for later reference

Please forgive my computer ignorance, Is there a way to save info found on the forum to my profile page or tag it in some way so when it's needed in the future I can find without spending hours doing a search?

Only way I know of is to follow the topic (content), but over time, topics can add up. I do save images to my hard drive under a MJ folder.

EDIT: Upper right hand side of screen, click on username, click on manage followed content.

I have a bunch of useful forum posts, and various other things that I find myself repeating often saved to text files on my PC. I don't think the forum has a function for that, but it'd be handy.

you can bookmark any thread to your browser. :L:  

you can also click on the dots in the upper right of any post and save that thread's address as a link on your desktop. 

You can set the exact web address as a favorite in your web browser but again those will add up over time.  

Another option is to keep a word document with the useful web addresses in it.  This way allows you to give a description as well.

Thank you, I should use some of this down time to bone up on this stuff, I just got Chrome recently, and it SO different from the old explorer, learned a little about bookmarks with this, now if I could figure out how to transfer all my saved web sites in "favorites" to "bookmarks" would be a good start, something I'll have to work on