tompeter

1991 Jeep Comanche 61335 Miles Bright White Pickup I6 4L Automatic

Not a bad looking truck. I even almost like the aftermarket radio installation. It would seem that they are part of the 1% that actually do that right.

I've never loved the Canyon wheels though. I think it'd really pop with some Ravines or 5-stars.

Not enough pics of the underside.

I could never see a 2WD Comanche with miles on it worth 15k though, but I'm willing to be wrong there.

42 minutes ago, Minuit said:

Not a bad looking truck. I even almost like the aftermarket radio installation. It would seem that they are part of the 1% that actually do that right.

I've never loved the Canyon wheels though. I think it'd really pop with some Ravines or 5-stars.

Not enough pics of the underside.

I could never see a 2WD Comanche with miles on it worth 15k though, but I'm willing to be wrong there.

Seems like most MJs are starting off around 10k unless the owner doesn’t know what he has or it’s in really rough shape. There are still good deals to be had (and I’m sure someone will say there are 10 mjs down the road from his house for $500/ea) but it seems like the values are increasing quick. Good news if you own an MJ I suppose! Makes we want to buy up some more Comanches

On 2/25/2020 at 11:27 PM, ghetdjc320 said:

Seems like most MJs are starting off around 10k unless the owner doesn’t know what he has or it’s in really rough shape. There are still good deals to be had (and I’m sure someone will say there are 10 mjs down the road from his house for $500/ea) but it seems like the values are increasing quick. Good news if you own an MJ I suppose! Makes we want to buy up some more Comanches

That's crazy to me! I grabbed my '92 for $3k just over 3 years ago. It does have 200k+ miles on it but that's not bad on the 4.0 I6

If it’s a 4x4 sb with bucket seats And rust-free you got a great deal! I think it’s nice to know you have instant equity in a vehicle

On 2/26/2020 at 1:27 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

Seems like most MJs are starting off around 10k

This is a clean truck, but with nearly a $16K ask,  they're going to sit on it for a long time. This is the 3rd listing for this truck in as many years.

In recent months I've posted up several very nice trucks in the 10K range and they're all still for sale.   

Seller's can "ask" whatever they want.   

IMO this is a 10K+ truck and was priced as such ... I was surprised when it didn't sell.   

s-l1600.jpg

I see the same problem with a lot of Comanches as I do with Harleys.  It doesn't matter how much money was invested in modifications.  The prospective buyer has to value those mods, for it to even be considered a plus.  As for myself, I'd value a stocker over a lot of the modified trucks I see for sale.  And some changes would be a deal breaker for me regardless of cost.  (Painted with bedliner for example.)  Not to say I wouldn't like some changes, I guess I'm just more comfortable doing them myself.

8 hours ago, amsuco said:

I see the same problem with a lot of Comanches as I do with Harleys.  It doesn't matter how much money was invested in modifications.  The prospective buyer has to value those mods, for it to even be considered a plus.  As for myself, I'd value a stocker over a lot of the modified trucks I see for sale.  And some changes would be a deal breaker for me regardless of cost.  (Painted with bedliner for example.)  Not to say I wouldn't like some changes, I guess I'm just more comfortable doing them myself.

:L:

On 3/12/2020 at 3:51 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

Looks like it sold $15900

wow

On 3/12/2020 at 3:51 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

Looks like it sold $15900

Pretty sure the listing "ended" with the truck unsold.

oh, were they asking 16 grand the whole time?  that makes more sense.

This is a list of closed auction or Buy It Now fixed price listings ...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=jeep+comanche&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=6001&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&LH_Auction=1&LH_BIN=1&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=03108&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

You should go back to last years sales also. Several Comanches sold for big bucks. MJs are only gaining in value and supply is dropping. 

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:

You should go back to last years sales also. Several Comanches sold for big bucks. MJs are only gaining in value and supply is dropping. 

Sadly, there isn't a search option in the eBay advanced search that allows input for "date range".   

There are 27 closed listings since December 2019 (including repeats of the favorites).  None sold for more than $10K if they sold at all. 

If I lived state side, I’d be grabbing up cheap MJs left and right whenever I found them. The entire production run was very limited. If anyone doesn’t see where this is going then that just leaves more for the rest of us.