Jump to content
Tsalagi

Yanked?

Recommended Posts

I must have missed why it was yanked. 3 pages in and it was very cordial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was starting to drift off topic in ways that would lead to "less than cordial" discussion is my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, derf said:

It was starting to drift off topic in ways that would lead to "less than cordial" discussion is my guess.

No, it was not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no one said anything improper.  But yes, it was pulled because I don't really want a discussion on the finer points of the holocaust in relation to the current geopolitical climate on this Jeep truck website. 

 

If anything new pops up on the original topic, feel free to post it up. :L: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't get around to seeing or reading anything but just a glimpse of that content but I wholeheartedly support the notion of pulling it.  There's a whole big internet for that kind of thing out there.  CC shouldn't be one of them, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pete M said:

discussion on the finer points of the holocaust

 

Yup.  That would have been off topic.   I didn't read any content like that and what I did see was mostly on point.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies....it was never my intent to get anyone all riled up.  All I was doing was making a public declaration that my wife and I no longer own any firearms/accessories of the type associated with the current legislation.  I posted the same thing over on Garage Journal and it likewise got booted too, because of thread drift.

 

But, at least it's out there in a couple different places, somewhere in the electronic universe.  For future use, if needed.

 

Like I said, I play the long game.

 

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no need to apologize.  lots of good info and discussion came from it. :L:  getting riled up is inevitable (and necessary) when it comes to our civil rights. 

 

and it's not deleted, just pulled from the public eye.  I never delete things (except for duplicate posts). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pete M said:

 

 

and it's not deleted, just pulled from the public eye.  I never delete things (except for duplicate posts). 

 

I'm counting on that, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no problemo. :L: 

 

I may even bring it back, but I don't have enough functioning brain cells right now to deal with it all.  Chronic Fatigue is like a perpetual hangover and today is a bad day so things are getting bumped into future-Pete's to-do list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good to see everyone stay cordial and respectful in the thread.  Politics in threads always has a potential to go sideways fast.  Kudos to everyone for taking the high road. :beerchug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of good opinions in that thread. It was important to hear a first hand account of what is happening. I don’t have a problem with your decision. Still upset for Jeff though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

Apologies....it was never my intent to get anyone all riled up.  All I was doing was making a public declaration that my wife and I no longer own any firearms/accessories of the type associated with the current legislation.  I posted the same thing over on Garage Journal and it likewise got booted too, because of thread drift.

 

But, at least it's out there in a couple different places, somewhere in the electronic universe.  For future use, if needed.

 

Like I said, I play the long game.

 

Jeff

 

I drifted away from GJ a while ago, and no, it wasn't because they yanked the "Hot Women" thread. :roflmao:  Some did complain though.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any time I want to hear I'm doing something completely wrong, whatever it is, I post over there.  LOL.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(The Virginia House of Delegates passed Tuesday a bill to award its electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote as the newly elected Democratic majority sought to join the pact to leapfrog the Electoral College.

The state House voted 51-46 to enter into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, sending H.B. 177 to the state Senate despite opposition from Republicans who argued that the measure would upend the intent of the Framers.) 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoastChief said:

(The Virginia House of Delegates passed Tuesday a bill to award its electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote as the newly elected Democratic majority sought to join the pact to leapfrog the Electoral College.

The state House voted 51-46 to enter into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, sending H.B. 177 to the state Senate despite opposition from Republicans who argued that the measure would upend the intent of the Framers.) 

 

Respectfully, the Framers lived in a different time.  The Framers did wonderful work in building the world's oldest functioning Constitution.  In the time of the Framers, news and events moved slowly.  People in the next state or community were viewed as New Yorkers or Pennsylvanian's.

Not so today.  Most of us identify as American's when we leave the country.  Not Californian or Texans.

 

The national popular vote interstate compact seeks to change the method of electing the President and Vice President from the current status, which gives control of the election results to a group of small population states that has only 18% of the total U.S. population.

Hopefully, my post will be accepted as intended.

Just a clear explanation.  Nothing more.

Quote

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it passes, and I'm probably pretty sure it will....I hope it comes back and bites them SO hard in the @$$.

 

"elections have consequences" is the current lingo here.  That blade cuts both ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, johnj92131 said:

Respectfully, the Framers lived in a different time

Is this relevant?

 

23 minutes ago, johnj92131 said:

The national popular vote interstate compact seeks to change the method of electing the President and Vice President from the current status, which gives control of the election results to a group of small population states that has only 18% of the total U.S. population.

It appears that you approve of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Yup.  That would have been off topic.

 

Not off topic, in fact, on point. 

Then and now, those who seek control of our guns are the same, intrinsically linked together. 

 

 

Quote

 

The time had come to launch a decisive blow to the Jewish community, to render it defenseless so that its “ill-gotten” property could be redistributed as an entitlement to the German “Volk.” The German Jews were ordered to surrender all their weapons, and the police had the records on all who had registered them. Even those who gave up their weapons voluntarily were turned over to the Gestapo.

This took place in the weeks before what became known as the Night of the Broken Glass, or Kristallnacht, occurred in November 1938. That the Jews were disarmed before it, minimizing any risk of resistance, is the strongest evidence that the pogrom was planned in advance. An incident was needed to justify unleashing the attack.

 

 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2013/12/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook/

 

 

 

 

They have plans for you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this becoming a rathole quickly, but I'll pile on. 

 

The "framers" were farmers, smiths and countrymen (read: Patriots).  They knew they weren't perfect and left a living document.  It still works.

 

Th Electoral College MUST stay.  

 

Thank you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popular vote..........this is how totalitarian regimes are formed..........every time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

Not off topic, in fact, on point. 

 

Off topic could be out of context because I did not read the reference to the holocaust before the thread was taken down.  I know there was "gun grabbing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

 

Off topic could be out of context because I did not read the reference to the holocaust before the thread was taken down.  I know there was "gun grabbing".

 

I don't like 'topical' discussions, those discussions are unnatural. 

 

Five guys standing in a room discussing a subject..........no one gets pissed because the discussion veers off. 

 

Control freaks want to control everything, I despise control freaks. 

 

What happened in the other thread was fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your opinion is duly noted. :L: 

 

but this isn't 5 guys talking face to face.  it's the internet.  and this is a forum.  and these are typed words.  and I have to deal with all the drama that unfolds out of these discussions because it's my responsibility to maintain a friendly place where people can come to talk about Comanches.  Been modding this place for a long time now and have no patience for the precursors to drama.  Just causes me headaches.  Good people have left over drama. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...