The gauge dances a little but it’s all in the red area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Dammerung said:

Is there a chance the gauge is just bad?

It worked before I made the changes in the truck but hey, when something goes bad, it just goes bad. 

Are they replaceable if they do go bad?

Yes. Should be some screws holding it in place. You could always apply 12V to it and see what it reads.

Yeah, I’d try that. It’d suck if it had just decided to go out now if all times but better the gauge then anything else more important.

Guess its a good thing that style was used until 96. PS 3 left as NOS if the gauge really did go south.

There’s some good news.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a Renix era dash gauge go bad. On my blue cluster, I had two bad gauges.

Will see what I can come up with on your radio wiring. Would have been a lot easier if you would've used an adapter.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a Renix era dash gauge go bad. On my blue cluster, I had two bad gauges.

Will see what I can come up with on your radio wiring. Would have been a lot easier if you would've used an adapter.

I need to take a picture of the front of the factory radio that was in it. All the factory dash wires had been cut and spliced into that unit. I had to cut the wires to get that unit out. I would say the radio in it wasn’t the one that came in the truck because it had a mark on it like it came from a JY. The truck has aftermarket speakers and I bet it had an aftermarket radio but it was taken out at some point. The actual plug that went into the radio had wires taken out of it according to the wire diagram on the radio.

5d135cc00c40aa25be1eb04620cd35de.jpg

Drove it to work again today. Man it just feels good to drive it. I rechecked the alternator when I got to work and it it’s still charging so rock on!!!

I’m just glad to drive it. I love this little truck!!

Poser pic from down the road.

Yes this is from the road I live on.

0a41e100f0df30f9184287baaf952b59.jpg

Creek crosses the road.....

410f85181b2088bf04f06cacf014426f.jpg