rylee144

Convertible

yes and no.  some vehicles are designed in such a way that they utterly reply on the roof for structural integrity.  others are designed with "frame" bits like XJs that can hold themselves together.  if you're just driving around in that thing, I image it'll be ok.  :L:  but I don't suggest jumping it.  or rolling it.  or getting into an accident. or letting ti rust at all.

12 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Isn't the roof part of the structural integrity for unibody vehicles? 

I was thinking the same thing.  Looks cool, but will it taco?

16 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Isn't the roof part of the structural integrity for unibody vehicles? 

Yes, it is. I hope whoever made that reinforced the "frame."

Back in the 1950s, AMC pioneered the use of unibody construction for automobiles. (Actually, Hudson did, starting in 1948, but Hudson merged with Nash to form American Motors in 1954.) My brother and I bought a 1966 Rambler Classic in 1966. All Ramblers were unibody, but the convertibles had the floor section considerably beefed up to prevent them from folding in half.

Definitely would want some unibody stiffeners on the frame before you do any real driving.

Good idea to brace behind the front and rear seats and the tail gate opening too.