Jump to content
Dammerung

New keys and Dome lights

Recommended Posts

Pin_A is B+. Pin_B or Pin_C will ground the dome lamp. Remove wire from Pin_B to see if problem goes away. If not, reinstall wire and remove wire from Pin_C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone. Doesn’t turning the Headlight Switch to the right, turn the interior lights ON (with dome light)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Virginia said:

Nothing broke the power to the dome light

Virginia the lamp will have power 24/7 365 even with key off pink is ALWAYS hot when it comes on you are switching ground, one of the two remaining wires is always ground the third wire is always switched ground from either door switch or headlamp switch regardless of how the lens is positioned it will always be in an on position, when lens is flat it will work from door or headlamp switch when tilted up or down it is grounded from constant ground and always on. this is sort of dumb because an off position would be nice if doors were open for long periods of time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Anyone. Doesn’t turning the Headlight Switch to the right, turn the interior lights ON (with dome light)?

clockwise is panel dimer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry. I meant to the Left (CCW). 

Edited by Ωhm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Warren Mohler said:

Virginia the lamp will have power 24/7 365 even with key off pink is ALWAYS hot when it comes on you are switching ground, one of the two remaining wires is always ground the third wire is always switched ground from either door switch or headlamp switch regardless of how the lens is positioned it will always be in an on position, when lens is flat it will work from door or headlamp switch when tilted up or down it is grounded from constant ground and always on. this is sort of dumb because an off position would be nice if doors were open for long periods of time

OK. No matter what position the lens was in and when both doors were closed, the lights were on. I swapped the ground and switch wires back and forth and still the light stayed on. No matter what I did, the lights stayed on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ωhm said:

Pin_A is B+. Pin_B or Pin_C will ground the dome lamp. Remove wire from Pin_B to see if problem goes away. If not, reinstall wire and remove wire from Pin_C.

Ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virginia said:

No matter what I did, the lights stayed on.

then the "B" wire has a problem either a faulty door switch, headlamp switch or grounded wire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ωhm said:

Sorry. I meant to the Left (CCW). 

 

Yes. All the way to the limit turns on the interior lights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 9:14 PM, Virginia said:

Ok

I removed the ground wire and they now work just like they're supposed to.  I had to make

the opening in the B column a little bigger so they'd fit.  I haven't had light in the cab in

3 years.

 

Thank you all for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...