Which trim levels for the Cherokee and Comanche had chrome door handles? I’ve seen the chome handles before, but they seem really rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have 1989 XJ laredo everything is chrome like bumpers, mirrors, doors handle, grille and more 

Picture are not mine but exactly same color

1989_jeep_cherokee_1546813736ef9481ab5d17014-940x617.jpeg.ec410cc378c095c38c888bfdcdede35a.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Yeah, pretty sure it was a Laredo/Wagoneer trim package with all the chrome. 

But after the body refresh in 1997, only black handles were offered on the XJ.

What’s weird is the salvage yard I frequent has several XJs with the chrome handles and they are still on the doors. Which reminds me I should see if they have metal ones. 

10 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

What’s weird is the salvage yard I frequent has several XJs with the chrome handles and they are still on the doors. Which reminds me I should see if they have metal ones. 

The chrome handles are metal.  They're the only handles you can actually get off the doors without snapping the studs.

2 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

The chrome handles are metal.  They're the only handles you can actually get off the doors without snapping the studs.

I mean the black handle variant in metal. 

4 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

That is completely dependent on where the vehicle lived.   Here in AZ, the nuts come off the studs on ALL the XJ handles no sweat.   I would guess up in your area, the rust on the studs makes it problematic.

6 hours ago, AZJeff said:

That is completely dependent on where the vehicle lived.   Here in AZ, the nuts come off the studs on ALL the XJ handles no sweat.   I would guess up in your area, the rust on the studs makes it problematic.

Not even rust.  Just a slight inkling of corrosion and they snap.  It's a dissimilar metal thing I think.