eaglescout526

Some misc parts Glendale AZ

46 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I would imagine they might provide some lift, but not a lot.  I will need to look at the instructions but I believe they were intended for towing purposes. Kinda like how airbags are used to level out the rear on modern trucks. I will have to get back to you on that. 

Oh understood thanks, not interested

On 9/12/2019 at 4:17 AM, MJXJjeepguy said:

20190509_132820.jpg.dfa47848756521766a230c71fc3735ad.jpg.f976b87951797cd8aa2f844cf762f68c.jpg

my chest.....this is awesome

NOS parts dump came in. Lots of carpet pieces. Doesn’t look like there’s any front pieces for our trucks but OEM floor mats is OEM floor mats. Still looking at all of them. 

NOS woodgrain door switch and cordovan visor listed. I have NOS XJ rear carpet pieces: Navy Blue, Cordovan, Tan and Honey if anyone wants just some floor mats to protect their carpet,

New stuff listed. As always make me an offer, I can't refuse and free shipping on all parts listed. 

Eagle, I have a brushed aluminum looking dash in my truck, but have always wondered about it.  I picked it up at a junkyard out of an xj.  What i think is odd it that it looks like someone hot glued the alumiunum over a factory black panel.  Is this  the way they were all made?  Just curious.  Free bump for the sale.

11 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

Eagle, I have a brushed aluminum looking dash in my truck, but have always wondered about it.  I picked it up at a junkyard out of an xj.  What i think is odd it that it looks like someone hot glued the alumiunum over a factory black panel.  Is this  the way they were all made?  Just curious.  Free bump for the sale.

I have one as well. I want to say it's plastic welded in a few places, but it's been a while since I had it off. I've definitely seen a couple that are coming loose in places, so I could see it being glued on too.

The Wagoneer and Briarwood dash bezels were made in the same way. Later on for the Country model they started applying the woodgrain coating directly to the bezel.

12 hours ago, Minuit said:

I have one as well. I want to say it's plastic welded in a few places, but it's been a while since I had it off. I've definitely seen a couple that are coming loose in places, so I could see it being glued on too.

The Wagoneer and Briarwood dash bezels were made in the same way. Later on for the Country model they started applying the woodgrain coating directly to the bezel.

Never really bothered me as far as ascetics goes.  I just wondered if what I had was factory or a home brew fabricobble. 

Sorry for the thread Hijack. 

Now back to the regularly scheduled NOS parts dump. 

I don't have them shown on the first page but I have some NOS visor clips sitting at the dealer right now. If anyone wants a set, PM me. No I don't know the price right now but we can discuss that.