WTB: Renix Fuse Box

mooseinabox

Is the block itself in good condition? You can replace just the terminals on the block super easy! I did mine probably like a week ago and it runs sooo much better! I can send you links for the terminals as well as some tips!

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, IronManche87 said:

Is the block itself in good condition? You can replace just the terminals on the block super easy! I did mine probably like a week ago and it runs sooo much better! I can send you links for the terminals as well as some tips!

It seems okay. I'd love any info as I'm not really having luck with finding a box. Thank you!

I have a complete wire harness for an '86 with a 2.5. The radio wires are cut in the under dash harness and the speaker wires are missing on the end by the door. I'm thinking the harness under the hood with the fuse box is in good shape, just needs loom. There is slight corrosion on the terminals in the fuse box but not bad. 300 bucks shipped to the lower 48. I have the entire harness for the truck if anyone else needs something. 

Just now, kansashogan said:

I have a complete wire harness for an '86 with a 2.5. The radio wires are cut in the under dash harness and the speaker wires are missing on the end by the door. I'm thinking the harness under the hood with the fuse box is in good shape, just needs loom. There is slight corrosion on the terminals in the fuse box but not bad. 200 bucks shipped to the lower 48. I have the entire harness for the truck if anyone else needs something. 

Thanks but I need Renix.

Neohic has an awesome write up here
https://comancheclub.com/topic/45231-fuse-block-dissection/?tab=comments#comment-460271

These are the terminals I used I just cut them down for the 3s, 2s, and singles.

https://m.delcity.net/store/4!way-Fuse-Block-Terminal-Strip/p_11129.h_26968

I didn't remove the block from the jeep all I did was separated the c101 connector via the 1/4" (I think? I know it's a pain in the arse.) bolt from the engine bay. Then I removed the 2 phillips screws on the inside dash harness and unclipped them from each other to get access to the back of the fuse block. To make it easier to get to, I removed the steering column brace and cut back the loom to be able to pull the fuse block down as far as I could without taking much out. I originally bought a set of terminal removal keys to do this but I actually ended up using a really small flathead screwdriver almost a precision flathead which actually might work better. In my case, my terminals were either already broken to pieces and came out easily or were so brittle they broke as I went to press the ears down. I had purchased nice ratcheting crimpers from oreillys and nice strippers for this project and the strippers were great. Actually the crimpers were awesome, BUT they're only to do insulated connectors.... I didn't know that until I went to crimp the first wire... Duh.. I know delcity sells terminal crimps (after placing my order...) I actually just used a pair of small needle nose to curl the ends of the crimp, roll and tuck the one side and roll the second wing of the terminal crimp over the first then squeezing down tight. It was actually making surprisingly decent crimps lol. I know there's a better way, but that's what worked for me. Turned out great at the end because now I don't have screws shoved in terminals and everything works as it should again super happy I did it! No cutting and splicing a million wires I cut maybe 12 I was surprised and very happy lol

• 2 weeks later...