Jump to content
MJXJjeepguy

Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

next year I'll be there with an MJ :D 

Oh man! I gotta try go again next year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live here and I work in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. 

 

99% of those who come are Wrangler types.........errr........Wrangler Snobs. 

 

There is a 1/2 dozen or so car shows/rod runs/cruise-ins here every year, wife and I usually go to the big cruise-in, lots of everything and usually a pretty good time. 

 

Several of these 'events' will last more than two weeks, the early birds begin to arrive a week early to get their spaces and hotels.

 

Should you come? sure, of course. 

 

But if you live here and have to negotiate your way around..........a cluster-F of mammoth proportions, Pigeon Forge is really a pretty small town. 

 

Yeah, I'll be there, unfortunately. :P

 

The Wrangler Snobs? The Wrangles and their drivers all begin to look the same with all their bolt-on-BS and behaviors and snobbery. 

 

One thing I find hilarious though- they take their doors off and have some kind of foot peg they hang on the door hinge so they can rest their foot outside.......little goofy gadgets and they all do it, funny to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Aug. Friday 23 to Saturday 24. Anybody going this year?? Hope will see some comanche there!

 

BTW, jeepguy, you placed this in the NE forum instead of the SE forum. 

 

How dare you!

 

:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

 

BTW, jeepguy, you placed this in the NE forum instead of the SE forum. 

 

How dare you!

 

:wink:

Oh opps sorry I wasnt sure which place i should post lol honestly mistake! :sad: if Pete want move to currect place that will be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

I live here and I work in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. 

 

99% of those who come are Wrangler types.........errr........Wrangler Snobs. 

 

There is a 1/2 dozen or so car shows/rod runs/cruise-ins here every year, wife and I usually go to the big cruise-in, lots of everything and usually a pretty good time. 

 

Several of these 'events' will last more than two weeks, the early birds begin to arrive a week early to get their spaces and hotels.

 

Should you come? sure, of course. 

 

But if you live here and have to negotiate your way around..........a cluster-F of mammoth proportions, Pigeon Forge is really a pretty small town. 

 

Yeah, I'll be there, unfortunately. :P

 

The Wrangler Snobs? The Wrangles and their drivers all begin to look the same with all their bolt-on-BS and behaviors and snobbery. 

 

One thing I find hilarious though- they take their doors off and have some kind of foot peg they hang on the door hinge so they can rest their foot outside.......little goofy gadgets and they all do it, funny to me. 

Yea I know really, that why i never really like wrangler mostly JK JL JT :crazy: fiat jeep! Those are too bored! Most time when i walk around the jeep show if i see JK i would just walk pass by if i see nice XJ MJ WJ ZJ I stop and look closely and talk to owner and tell how nice it is! :L: and no i don't live close but about 4 hours isnt that bad i will stay there just one night and go back home after jeep show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 27, 2019 at 6:55 AM, Jeep Driver said:

One thing I find hilarious though- they take their doors off and have some kind of foot peg they hang on the door hinge so they can rest their foot outside.......little goofy gadgets and they all do it, funny to me. 

I saw one of those here... I also laughed. Its like showing off that you don't need your left foot while driving. Which, um... yeah. Real cool. :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I just happened to be browsing through here today. I never would've known about this.

 

I live in Knoxville so I'll definitely try to go. I also just sold my TJ so I guess I'll have to show the Comanche off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gouda said:

I'm glad I just happened to be browsing through here today. I never would've known about this.

 

I live in Knoxville so I'll definitely try to go. I also just sold my TJ so I guess I'll have to show the Comanche off

Well always better in Comanche! Something not common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jeep Driver are u going to bring ur Comanche? The tan one correct? Which day are u going?

@Gouda what color ur MJ? And which day u going?

Unfortunately for me I will not bring my MJ or XJ i will be using wife dodge journey. :sad: well that bec all family are coming too i will be stay in hotel which is only 3 mins away from jeep show. Hope see u all guys there soon in Aug!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be there on Saturday with a dark grey metallic long bed Comanche. Can't wait to see you guys there. :L:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Well I'm here and pardon me but cheap people suck

All I wanted to do was walk through the vendor tents and I'm not paying 36 bucks to do it

Hey I'm here too but right now at 8:40 I'm at island with kids and friends to relax around, it been long day at jeep show it surely the best jeep show I ever been, saw like 8 MJ at show and drive pass by or at parking lot i was sure excited to see MJs and i took picture and i will post tonight at hotel. And i paid $24 for me and wife but 2 daughter are free to enter one is 7 yo and one is 4 month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful MJ parked at parking lot

20190824_110543.jpg.898a087c5de1b4b3355132d4a06f8ff6.jpg20190824_110604.jpg.937b1f9be1986eca7682c0812285baea.jpg20190824_110646.jpg.52d4cca8a89ce9668e617ce4d455abd1.jpg

 

20190824_112618.jpg.cbb211044786e8e2c3938be744523f27.jpg20190824_112749.jpg.398f4a0807c8adfc8ae47fd9bca9d95e.jpg

 

20190824_114139.jpg.30c89a0d9a3992affbb75acb208002f7.jpg20190824_114116.jpg.8e1fdb7549077bb5429cb5c8ad50d1ae.jpg

 

20190824_115001.jpg.10df3fc358d253f1e214464cd996763a.jpg

 

20190824_122150.jpg.47fdc99d2044f122dcc585c24a504947.jpg20190824_122128.jpg.246acf8196b70993bcd8e926b8c7628b.jpg

 

BJ bleeping!!

20190824_125644.jpg.420daa199be2845f00344bd88030dd23.jpg20190824_125519_HDR.jpg.333545877e75c795db6401f4bb02d895.jpg

 

20190824_144622.jpg.99ccb820a25d63e54f27cafb78ff72a3.jpg20190824_144632.jpg.1810a0cab24bff45edf5c55178826c3e.jpg20190824_144758.jpg.0bd4543242dfa2e305d13ecede493494.jpg20190824_144817.jpg.72b9bc377fa0294a5d534532a8ea5a59.jpg

 

Now all different cool jeep I see today.

20190824_122910.jpg.0a341678ba4e92b5dd998e19654c317a.jpg

20190824_144006.jpg

20190824_130258_HDR.jpg

20190824_120932.jpg

20190824_115424.jpg

20190824_220312.jpg

20190824_220245.jpg.c94cfdf08768f3673f8f654e3aa4e54f.jpg

20190824_220431.jpg

 

20190824_170939.jpg

20190824_171459.jpg

20190824_145556.jpg

 

20190824_145443.jpg

20190824_145410.jpg

20190824_122045.jpg

20190824_111104.jpg

20190824_111058.jpg

20190824_113218.jpg

20190824_110905.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 9:46 PM, MJXJjeepguy said:

Beautiful MJ parked at parking lot

20190824_110543.jpg.898a087c5de1b4b3355132d4a06f8ff6.jpg20190824_110604.jpg.937b1f9be1986eca7682c0812285baea.jpg20190824_110646.jpg.52d4cca8a89ce9668e617ce4d455abd1.jpg

 

20190824_171459.jpg

 

 

Thanks @MJXJjeepguy :L: wish that I could meet up with you and more of you guys from the forums at the show.  Also I really want that J10 :drool: . Tomorrow I will add to the list of interesting rigs at the event with photos I took. Hopefully next year I can add another MJ to the show.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blaine.D said:

Thanks @MJXJjeepguy :L: wish that I could meet up with you and more of you guys from the forums at the show.  Also I really want that J10 :drool: . Tomorrow I will add to the list of interesting rigs at the event with photos I took. Hopefully next year I can add another MJ to the show.

 

Awesome! Ur MJ definitely should be in the show!! Ur MJ deserve more attention. And I believe Pete is try to come next year and I sure if Pete came and there will be alot more MJ owner will show up! :L:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Awesome! Ur MJ definitely should be in the show!! Ur MJ deserve more attention. And I believe Pete is try to come next year and I sure if Pete came and there will be alot more MJ owner will show up! :L:

Honestly I was going to enter in the show but I was waiting until I got my truck road legal and by the time I got a tag for it, they didn't have any spots open.:brickwall: I hope that does happen because it would be one less Jk, JL, and JT in the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some photos I took

IMG_20190824_115133094_HDR.jpg.f8498fa058f90e32fa9ab57ce461e1c0.jpgIMG_20190824_111154722_HDR.jpg.43fb0d309b3d1a84f49c98efa184ee28.jpg

^Talked to the owner of this, forgot his name but he got a sweet stock truck.IMG_20190824_120853925.jpg.ab57eede916088f52723b134feb0f4ab.jpgIMG_20190824_110459782_HDR.jpg.b0dddc023afed952b26838aa02138cab.jpgIMG_20190824_105417849_HDR.jpg.5994d7b58dfa832d1bbf2e934beb2ea4.jpgIMG_20190824_111313179_HDR.jpg.cb99f5b173ab5469ef1b446711cbab20.jpgIMG_20190824_111252620_HDR.jpg.cdbbe2b4001520bbeca520b3c0aa35ed.jpg

I try to see if I got any more pictures of cool Jeeps that I saw. Even though it's over run with Jk and newer Jeeps, there are still plenty of amazing old Jeeps at the Jeep Invasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blaine.D said:

Here's some photos I took

IMG_20190824_115133094_HDR.jpg.f8498fa058f90e32fa9ab57ce461e1c0.jpg.

i must miss that MJ as I look in backgroubd i don't think i seen in that area yet? BTW it my first time, can u explain where it at? So i will know better next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I can.  It's out front on the circle in front of the La conte center. I drew an arrow from the outside vendor area to help illustrate where it's at.  Hope this helps.Screenshot_20190827-210705.png.60c1c60a4c6cdffb1b453d6f1bde4222.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blaine.D said:

Yes I can.  It's out front on the circle in front of the La conte center. I drew an arrow from the outside vendor area to help illustrate where it's at.  Hope this helps.

D'oh :doh:, and do u have any pic of black J10 that park beside the brown MJ that i missed one? It sure lovely J10!! And also what is model in the background beside the JT, it red with white. If have any picture? :L:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...