Pete M

long bed topper

prefer aluminum, but open to fiberglass if it's not outrageously heavy.  must be cheap.  this is just for once and a while use on my MJ trailer.  I cannot afford a fancy one. :( 

I'm in GA at the moment but travel to MI every couple months. 

Could you use an S10 or a Ranger topper (or anything else that is similar). I am thinking that may be the way to go if you want cheap.

I'm trying to keep an eye out on the local craigslist, but people are making it extremely difficult by calling it different names and failing to give dimensions or even what truck it came off of.  :fistshake1: This would be easy if I had a shortbed, but the 7footer is more rare to say the least. :( 

Pete, now I can return the favor. I have 1 in my storage in excellent shape. I think it needs a lock or back glass lid. I'm not sure it's been awhile. It's up in northwest Indiana by the lake though. Maybe we can plan a meet there with some other local members to help us dig it out and load it. There is a swb cap that might need moved in the way. It's yours if you want it. Thanks again.

cool. :D  snap a pic when you get a chance if you could.  I'm not sure when next I get to go north, so no hurries.  :L:  

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

It's fiberglass by the way.

how heavy is it?  Is this something that me and my father can lift up onto my MJ trailer? 

I’m in for the meet n greet if ya need a hand. Also you can take this benchseat off my hands.... it needs to be recovered, but it’s yours for free Pete! 

The biggest hurdle is there are 2 standing vertical in my storage along side an mj. I used a ratchet strap, removed the ratchet. I had 1 side and my wife the other. It was really too heavy for her. The 2x4s helped me slide it in and I had to crawl out. Picture that now Pete:banana:. Now you met me, I'm not the smallest guy. We call it a humpstrap in the moving industry. The strap slides though since the surface is contoured and it makes it a slow, constant regrip process. It probably took the 2 of us 45 minutes to get them in there. 2 or 3 guys and real straps maybe 10 minutes.

that's why I'm kinda hoping for an aluminum one.  :(  weight is a real concern.

Admittedly I'm a bigger guy (6'2"/220lbs), and my cap is missing the rear glass, but two guys can definitely carry the fiberglass LWB Leer cap. I've moved it around on the bed on my own... haven't lifted it on or off solo because it's just so big, hard to control with only two hands. But I wouldn't be hugely skeptical if someone else told me they managed to lift one on and off themselves. 

Wish I would’ve seen this before selling the camper top this morning. It was a fiberglass leer top for a LWB. I picked it up by myself to get it off the truck, then my girlfriend helped me put it in the trailer and the guy I sold it to helped me grab it. It was a fiberglass top and I didn’t think it was too heavy. ed364fdbb2c0e32eef5f8a9c36a29ed7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one SatiricalHen just posted will be for sale when I clean it up. You don't want to pay for a Commanche specific one for a trailer, you can't see the difference in the fit. The Leer fits absolutely perfect, down to the cab light cutout.

62184981_728656720886053_2635108258825633792_n.jpg

62431994_890675627953154_4369983027288211456_n.jpg

yeah, all that MJ-perfectness would be completely wasted on my trailer.  :( 

Is this Jeep sitting in a wrecking yard? Or is it a homemade science experiment?

25ED9398-91CD-4219-8972-3F4534A9272C.jpeg

can't it be both?  :dunno:

I believe that truck is in a yard in SC.

The truck I got the camper top off of is in a junkyard in SC and I took pretty much every good part off of it, the camper top is now on a truck in NC and from what I was told will be for sale again after being fixed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk