Vineyard86manch

You never know when you’ll spot an MJ

No matter where you live, Comanches are rare. You probably know the other two or three folks in your town or county that own them. But it’s always good to keep your eyes peeled. Last week a friend told me that my next door neighbor had a Jeep that they were looking to get rid of because the older gentleman who owned it no longer was allowed to drive. Sure enough, on the other side of the tall fence separating our properties was a red ‘86 mj. The island I live on has ten main roads, so you get to know all the vehicles, and aside from mine and one other mj I thought that was it. The old man hadn’t driven it in a couple years, but after a battery charge she started right up. His wife was happy to see it go, but it didn’t go far, just to the other side of the fence:))

1B783C43-9677-46C4-BCD2-495DB223B917.jpeg

nice! :D  how clean is it?

5 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

What’s you plans for it?

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

nice! :D  how clean is it?

Definitely rusted rockers but the frame is solid. The black leather bench and dash are all super clean. Haven’t pulled up the carpets yet so we will see what comes of that. For the time being my friend and I are going to get it at least inspection ready. Our plan is to keep it stock for now, maybe down the road upgrade the engine from the crummy 2.8. It hasn’t been driven much in the past few years so I’m sure little things will come to light as we drive it more. If we do a big resto to it I’ll be sure to start a build thread!

36 minutes ago, Vineyard86manch said:

Definitely rusted rockers but the frame is solid. The black leather bench and dash are all super clean. Haven’t pulled up the carpets yet so we will see what comes of that. For the time being my friend and I are going to get it at least inspection ready. Our plan is to keep it stock for now, maybe down the road upgrade the engine from the crummy 2.8. It hasn’t been driven much in the past few years so I’m sure little things will come to light as we drive it more. If we do a big resto to it I’ll be sure to start a build thread!

I think you should start a build thread even if you will just be doing little things here and there. It will make sure you remember exactly what has been done in case you sell it. 

I agree.  I love build threads even if they are more upkeep then upgrade.  :D 

17 hours ago, dasbulliwagen said:

Isnt that where the guy who makes the big giant swords lives?

This looks like an outtake from "Search For The Holy Grail".

Spotted one on the big island. Pretty good shape.  Seen another one and it was ragged out.

20190516_094239.jpg

Haha yes this guy is on the vineyard! We will be quite prepared here in the event of a zombie apocalypse:))

On 5/15/2019 at 10:25 AM, dasbulliwagen said:

Isnt that where the guy who makes the big giant swords lives?

I met another old guy on the vinyard that has a nice blue mj have you seen it. He takes the ferry to where i live in new bedford.

7 hours ago, strictlyxjs said:

I met another old guy on the vinyard that has a nice blue mj have you seen it. He takes the ferry to where i live in new bedford.

Right on man New Bedford! Yep I know him for sure. Before I bought mine, every time I saw him at the gas station fueling up his mj id ask him when he was gonna sell it to me, and his reply was always the same, “Never!”:))