• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The switch for the oil light gave up the other day. I took this opportunity to order the correct sending units for my full cluster that I have. Hopefully those will come in this week so I can get on the cluster swap this weekend. I will probably swap in my grey dash at the same time, providing that I will have the time to do  such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been daily driving it for a few weeks now and had my first issue today. My brand new coolant pressure tank burst on my way to shoot trap. I haven’t had time to look into it much yet, hopefully I’ll get it fixed tomorrow or this weekend, at the latest. It is to be seen as to what the issue is. I’m not sure if the system had too much pressure somehow or if the aftermarket plastic pressure tank wasn’t up to the task. 

8 hours ago, jdog said:

kinda surprised you didn't go to open system when you did the motor. also picture of the carnage when you get it.

I had thought about it, but all of my stuff was in good shape. I’ll try to snag a pic this afternoon. 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:13 PM, jdog said:

also picture of the carnage when you get it.

Of cluster, now that it’s done blowing coolant out, you can’t hardly see the crack. It broke right on the seam. 
075CF038-EF1E-414F-82BD-9CE071739D5A.jpeg.bef904cfa49148b5a6cb77fe7b650fd8.jpeg

9 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

yeah my last one cracked like that as well. they offer a metal tank as well, otherwise could swap system setup

For now, I’m going to run a plastic one to make sure that was truly the issue, then I plan to buy a metal one. 

8 hours ago, jdog said:

yeah that seems to be where they pop

The funny thing about it was that the people following me were more scared than I was. To be fair, I could smell that it was coolant though and not a fire. 

34 minutes ago, Pete M said:

that's some messed up quality control right there. :( 

I don’t blame the part. After some investigating, we believe that we had an air pocket in the cooling system. The heat works much better now too. 

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

been a while since I've thought about it, but shouldn't the cap fail first? 

10 hours ago, jdog said:

Yeah I believe so, which means the bottle wasn't rated for the same pressure as the cap.

:dunno:

A guy would think so, but it was probably Chinese junk. 

I did my yearly application of Mother’s Back to Black today. It’s crazy how well this stuff works. 
01A03E06-E60A-4C0A-9A79-F01BB3F5CD0A.jpeg.aaad79598b0531311b5ec6962292c312.jpeg

Before application

B5F2DF6F-908A-45B4-87E0-3F9894B2BC34.jpeg.ccec5bd970aa8466846dccb42811cd91.jpeg

After application on one half. 
856F8116-D5C2-4C84-98BD-3EA2E8DF768A.jpeg.44d30eeb3f7179b73e3d017a1b33aed5.jpeg

The current storage situation. 

5FE76820-E73D-4F13-B87B-2D7AE4358F2E.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

one of these trucks is more put together than the other 

Yessir, hopefully the red one will see some love sometime soon, though! But I do have work that I need to do on the blue one before that happens. 

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck