All I can say is I might have some of the bolts left over that I used but its more or less based on the riv-nut you use. The passneger side with the three bolts may or may not have nuts there for the bolts to go into. 2.5L's have those bolts there for the engine dampner but not sure with a 4.0L engine bay. The single bolt on the drivers side, I ended up finding a bolt that threaded in to the hole that lined up with the plate hole.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

All I can say is I might have some of the bolts left over that I used but its more or less based on the riv-nut you use. The passneger side with the three bolts may or may not have nuts there for the bolts to go into. 2.5L's have those bolts there for the engine dampner but not sure with a 4.0L engine bay. The single bolt on the drivers side, I ended up finding a bolt that threaded in to the hole that lined up with the plate hole.

Thanks for the tips, I will probably be crawling under it more today to look at the rear mounting points. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jesse J said:

those lights look dinky but that bar looks great

They look bigger in person and I think they’ll look better outside. Hopefully I will bolt the sportbar in tomorrow. I don’t think my sportbar is 100% true and square though. :fistshake2:

I got my skid plate mounted though! :banana:

Just now, Jesse J said:

looks good! I think the lights are dinky still. and again with the pfp change :fistshake2:

Thanks! The lights are probably only temporary. I've changed my pfp as much in the last 2 months as you changed your username in you first 2 weeks on the forum :roflmao:

Just now, 89 MJ said:

Thanks! The lights are probably only temporary. I've changed my pfp as much in the last 2 months as you changed your username in you first 2 weeks on the forum :roflmao:

yeah makes sense. guilty as charged. And I will probably change my pfp to a pic of my truck once it's on the road hopefully hopefully this weekend hopefully.

1 minute ago, Jesse J said:

yeah makes sense. guilty as charged. And I will probably change my pfp to a pic of my truck once it's on the road hopefully hopefully this weekend hopefully.

That will be great that it will be on the road soon! :banana: I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of driving it. I think you will be impressed, even in stock form. 

1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

That will be great that it will be on the road soon! :banana: I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of driving it. I think you will be impressed, even in stock form. 

won't be driving it except from the backyard to the front. I have no license and the truck isn't registered or insured. I was hoping to get the seat done yesterday but the foam is just so frustrating right now:fistshake1:

won't be driving it except from the backyard to the front. I have no license and the truck isn't registered or insured. I was hoping to get the seat done yesterday but the foam is just so frustrating right now:fistshake1:

Even driving it a little is super inspirational. That's how it goes sometimes. This weekend, I had huge plans for the truck. I was going to swap in my buckets, install the sportbar, put the headlight relay harness in, and install my skid plate. The skid plate was being a PITA though, so I only put that on and painted my sportbar brackets.

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck Work Truck/Show Truck
Just now, 89 MJ said:

Even driving it a little is super inspirational. That's how it goes sometimes. This weekend, I had huge plans for the truck. I was going to swap in my buckets, install the sportbar, put the headlight relay harness in, and install my skid plate. The skid plate was being a PITA though, so I only put that on and painted my sportbar brackets.

yeah it just be like that sometimes. I have to re wire the stereo and re stitch one of the visors because the stitching boogered up on me. then get the seat done and put the interior together. we will see. I might even pull an all nighter if I can't get it done because I am so over working on it right now and just want to finish it

4 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

I am so over working on it right now and just want to finish it

I get that. When we were putting the truck back together after paint, we were working on it from 8am to 8 pm trying to get it done to get it to a car show 4 days after I got my learners permit. During my road test the day before the show, the turn signals stopped working and the alternator gave up. I ended up needing a jump start and got my fingers slammed in the hood. I was out there working on it the morning of the show putting the alternator in. And I drove it there rod knocking like there was no tomorrow, but it was there.

2 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I get that. When we were putting the truck back together after paint, we were working on it from 8am to 8 pm trying to get it done to get it to a car show 4 days after I got my learners permit. During my road test the day before the show, the turn signals stopped working and the alternator gave up. I ended up needing a jump start and got my fingers slammed in the hood. I was out there working on it the morning of the show putting the alternator in. And I drove it there rod knocking like there was no tomorrow, but it was there.

that sounds horrible. why do I have the feeling that is going to be me getting lifted and everything before fall. I get my license 5 days before the takeover so that is my "deadline" 

that sounds horrible. why do I have the feeling that is going to be me getting lifted and everything before fall. I get my license 5 days before the takeover so that is my "deadline" 

It sucked, but at the same time, it was awesome! Honestly, I think you will have no problem getting the suspension parts done as long as you will be able to get everything you need and have enough money. Lots of suspension work can get done really quickly. I think you could probably do your D44/SOA/Whatever you decide in the front/AX-15 swap in 2 weeks if you really put your nose to the grindstone.

Just now, 89 MJ said:

It sucked, but at the same time, it was awesome! Honestly, I think you will have no problem getting the suspension parts done as long as you will be able to get everything you need and have enough money. Lots of suspension work can get done really quickly. I think you could probably do your D44/SOA/Whatever you decide in the front/AX-15 swap in 2 weeks if you really put your nose to the grindstone.

that's the hope I think I will have about all of august between once the shop is built and school start's next year. Hopefully I can make enough cash between seat covers and whatnot to be able to afford the lift I want. 

Just now, 89 MJ said:

What lift are you thinking of going with? 

not doing a kit but I would like a set of bilsteins and hopefully core 4x4 short control arms and drop brackets. other than that I am not to partial on what I want. might do a steering upgrade with my new axles

not doing a kit but I would like a set of bilsteins and hopefully core 4x4 short control arms and drop brackets. other than that I am not to partial on what I want. might do a steering upgrade with my new axles

That all sounds like a good plan. I was going to recommend against doing a kit, but you already don't plan on one :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

That all sounds like a good plan. I was going to recommend against doing a kit, but you already don't plan on one :thumbsup:

nah just joking I am going to get a rough country 4.5" lift :roflmao: just kidding. I am really stoked for my build. makes me gald I have a lwb because they just look so much better.

17 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

nah just joking I am going to get a rough country 4.5" lift :roflmao: just kidding. I am really stoked for my build. makes me gald I have a lwb because they just look so much better.

Did you check these out? They are for keeping stock/similar to stock axles, but I think you could still use parts from them.

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck