• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Where in the hell! Did you get a NOS tailgate?!

I picked it up an hour and a half from home. And another MJ came home too.

1 hour ago, Jesse J said:

:yeahthat:Looks like christmas came early in the form of a NOS tailgate :roflmao:please explain

Christmas did come early. I suppose I can tell the story. 

So I’m just scrolling through the Facebook and I see a post on the All Things Jeep Comanche Facebook page. The ad said something song the lines of NOS Jeep Comanche tailgate in box. $550 in Southern MN. So, I figure, what the heck, I’ll send the lady a message. Turns out she’s an hour and a half away from home. This lady tells me that she has a Comanche for sale too. Ugh, I don’t really need a project, but I ask for details anyways. It’s an 88 with a sportbar and a rust free bed for $1,000. So I decided to go look at them. And I brought them home. 

877E9658-C0AF-4DB3-86A9-028114933567.jpeg.ce1dca66f43e25c5d0248a4b51f639b9.jpeg0DAFE380-EF2A-4A14-995A-1C53EABCE3DB.jpeg.30d0552245028bcfd01cf6536f280f20.jpeg

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

that's painfully clean. :D  love it! 

Thank you! It’s slowly getting there. 

9 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Looking good!!:L:

Thanks!

9 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

I feel an engine bay detail coming on on the weekend.

Nothing better than a clean engine bay. 

8 hours ago, Jesse J said:

:drool::bowdown:

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, scguy said:

I'd eat off that. Looks good, man. 

Thank you! 

There are a few things I want to replace down the road (windshield washer bottle, fan shroud, air box to throttle body air thing), but I am happy with it for now.

Thank you! 
There are a few things I want to replace down the road (windshield washer bottle, fan shroud, air box to throttle body air thing), but I am happy with it for now.
Have you considered going with the 97+ washer tank inside the fender? Frees up a lot of space under the hood.

16 minutes ago, scguy said:
29 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:
Thank you! 

Have you considered going with the 97+ washer tank inside the fender? Frees up a lot of space under the hood.

I have, but I like how I can see exactly how much fluid is in the tank.

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck