• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, WesD said:

Heck man I'm tempted to send my truck up to you to finish up.   Great work.  

Or you could just buy mine if I decide to sell it. :wink:

Thanks for the compliment. 

All biffed. Put the B pillar trim and bumper end caps on. Got the hood ready for paint tomorrow. 

F4222B92-7506-425F-9A41-62FC173F19B5.jpeg.a7ed4c6cda2194600604702c6140b09b.jpeg

E7F93EE6-D1C6-4B20-83D5-A8C645D7FE0F.jpeg.19e3ba02478fc449fd799c16db18418b.jpeg

I am getting it registered tomorrow and am getting my Learners Permit tomorrow. I guess you could say I’m a little excited. 

Hood and cowl got painted yesterday along with a couple of other misc things. I also got my learners permit yesterday. I am having a wiring issue which I already moved into tech because “tech Qs should really go in the Tech forum so more eyeballs will see them. :L:  not everyone peruses the projects every day”. Ain’t that right, Pete?

47DBA96B-C4FC-4A75-A7A0-E7DA59EB0F00.jpeg.a1e6bc8b67d3748240f7f5968548e6c4.jpeg

8FD1CF26-F51C-4C7A-B763-1B97D324760D.jpeg.0cda961fe94072bea7f7621318937c98.jpeg

6AF3D44A-34B8-4FB2-B0D6-0AE160FDD343.jpeg.383d7d2c81b9898214d5f9e46ca64618.jpeg

I drove my mothers 2004 Suburban and I realized drive by wire is junk, IMHO. 

1 hour ago, NHMJXJ said:

What's your next project?

I’m thinking I want an LJ. They have the same towing capacity as an MJ, but it is a little bit newer so it should be better as a daily for me in high school. 

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I want an LJ. They have the same towing capacity as an MJ, but it is a little bit newer

True, but nowhere near the cool factor.  Regardless, it looks like you're more than capable and have a good support group.  

You've got the world by the tail kid ... Go for it!  

9 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

True, but nowhere near the cool factor.  Regardless, it looks like you're more than capable and have a good support group.  

You've got the world by the tail kid ... Go for it!  

I feel okay if I sell the MJ because I know a few people interested and they would take good care of it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I ran a can of Sea Foam Engine Tune through the engine, and it magically self healed. I am good with that. I still am going to put and crank in it to make sure it doesn't start knocking again. This thing has been such a roller coaster of emotions.

It's also kind of funny, parked in the shop, it runs great and doesn't miss, but take it out on the road and it starts missing.:bananagun:

3 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

It's also kind of funny, parked in the shop, it runs great and doesn't miss, but take it out on the road and it starts missing.:bananagun:

I followed your awesome build thread but admittedly mostly drooling at the before and after pics..........so I don't recall if your fuel pump and/or fuel filter is new or old. If it seems to idle fine and even rev w/out much issue while parked but bogs under load, sounds like a fuel delivery problem, especially if the Seafoam fixed it. Pump, filter and injectors all may be ready for replacement. 

2 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

I followed your awesome build thread but admittedly mostly drooling at the before and after pics..........so I don't recall if your fuel pump and/or fuel filter is new or old. If it seems to idle fine and even rev w/out much issue while parked but bogs under load, sounds like a fuel delivery problem, especially if the Seafoam fixed it. Pump, filter and injectors all may be ready for replacement. 

All right. I’ll look into that. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been out driving it some, it runs and drives great (except the rare occasion that it knocks). I still am going to put a crank in it, but I just wanted to give a little update.

I have decided I want to sell it or I would consider trades for a rust free LJ as long as it is not red or white (I prefer green).

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck