A few years ago I did some major work to my buddy's J10. While I had it at the house my girlfriend (now my wife) fell in love with the truck.

Fast forward a few years and we're married and settled down in a permanent home.

I continue to help my buddy with all his projects and just being there when he needs a hand. We get to talking about how the truck is looking pitiful sitting in the driveway. All the while we are putting all our time into building his super charged LX Fox body Mustang.

He says he's debating parting the J truck because he can get way more money for it than selling it outright. I told him if he did that Steph would never forgive him and she would be heartbroken. He asked if she really wanted it? I told him that she absolutely loves it and has wanted it from the day she saw it.

He throws me the keys and says bring me $4000 and she's yours. I couldn't find the words to thank him. I know how much time, blood, sweat, tears and money has went went into that truck. It's well over $15,000.

A quick rundown of stats,

L98 IROC 350, 700R4, Dana 300, Dana 44s, 4:10s, Vintage Air, Flaming River column, 4" lift, 33" Wild Peak ATs.

To say I'm excited for her is an understatement. It is such a cool rig and will fit nicely beside her 48 F1.

7e8690493577172fbd57a626d78e3fa3.jpg74a29778c086324565df46c4f148c8cc.jpg22d05002a1f6ed9f311baa573f477372.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

I'll go ahead and haul my trailer down and just take that home with me. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not if I get there first...

I’m kidding. Beautiful truck though. 

You have an expanding stable of toys.  Still have a 6 volt system?
No it has a 327 SBC in it. It runs great but the entire suspension, brake and steering systems are down right dangerous. We are chassis swapping it onto a 99 Explorer. That way it will be all Ford.

9 minutes ago, shelbyluvv said:
19 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

You have an expanding stable of toys.  Still have a 6 volt system?

No it has a 327 SBC in it. It runs great but the entire suspension, brake and steering systems are down right dangerous. We are chassis swapping it onto a 99 Explorer. That way it will be all Ford.

Smart move.  My Dad had a '52 that looked like that.  Sold it to a neighbor, totally innocent,  that had a head on collision with a log truck. Died in that truck.  A dead wagon for sure. Totally unforgiving frame and steering column.  Glad to know you are putting the body over something safer.  How will you lift the body off without mangling it?  Cool way of releasing the hood latch on them.