6 or 7" has been done with regularity. :L: we have a much longer wheelbase than XJs and wranglers and so the angles are far less extreme.  

having said that, the SYE is a great upgrade if you've got the cash.  and new shafts for non-SYE setups are not expensive.

Like Pete said. My mj has roughly 6" of lift and it does just fine. At least when I have driven it

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

6 or 7" has been done with regularity. :L: we have a much longer wheelbase than XJs and wranglers and so the angles are far less extreme.  

having said that, the SYE is a great upgrade if you've got the cash.  and new shafts for non-SYE setups are not expensive.

So if I read this correctly. I can SOA the rear up to 7” without changing the driveline? Or would I maybe need a longer slip yoke? My truck doesn’t see much off-road use at this current time.

yes. :L:   but keep in mind at that height different trucks can have different needs and if yours is super sloppy than a longer yoke will help. :)

35 minutes ago, Swampy said:

Like Pete said. My mj has roughly 6" of lift and it does just fine. At least when I have driven it

Swamp, is yours SWB or LWB?

I had a SWB MJ lifted 7" with no SYE and I drove it and wheeled it with no issues.

1 hour ago, All around mj said:

Swamp, is yours SWB or LWB?

Mine is a swb

swb or lwb won't matter on this, MJs are all ridiculously long compared to wranglers. :D  in a good way of course.

Thanks all, I may have to start piecing together a temporary lift. I say temporary, because I’ll be doing the super duty axle swap and will have to change whatever steering changes are made for the lift now versus after. That, and spending thrifty now means money saved for better and newer parts later.