1988 Jeep Cherokee part out NC

Blaine.D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EvilMJ said:

What all is needed for this swap?  I have a couple Cherokees sitting around - never thought about doing the swap on the MJ...

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about. Just let me know.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Blaine.D said:

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about. Just let me know.

Thanks

Sorry, the quote didn't take enough info from your previous post.  The power door lock conversion - you were asking about getting the actuators, etc.  I figured you knew exactly what it took since you were interested in the parts.  I have a couple Cherokees sitting in my junkyard that I didn't crush, so I should have what I need, if I knew what I needed lol.

1 hour ago, EvilMJ said:

Sorry, the quote didn't take enough info from your previous post.  The power door lock conversion - you were asking about getting the actuators, etc.  I figured you knew exactly what it took since you were interested in the parts.  I have a couple Cherokees sitting in my junkyard that I didn't crush, so I should have what I need, if I knew what I needed lol.

Actually I was trying to part out the Cherokee because I bought the price the guy wanted for all of the stuff that I wanted including the power door looks. To do the power door locks conversion you need:

Wiring harness -Main(runs across to both doors and fuse box) and front doors from a Cherokee

Door lock actuators and rods

Door switch pannels

Hope this helps

13 hours ago, robbie95 said:

is the front driver side fender flare the same as a 91 mj? I'd buy that off you.

The flare would be the same but unfortunately the previous owner took the fenders and front clip before  i bought the Cherokee from him. 

13 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Do you still have the front door panels? 

Sending Pm

On 1/25/2020 at 9:21 PM, JMO413 said:

Do you still have the front door panels? 

Are you wanting that door panel specifically or just a good set of gray panels?  I am looking at 96 that I was going to buy just for the motor to put in one of my XJs, but its bad.  However, the truck has a perfect dash, which I need, and a good power gray interior.  I can't justify spending the money for just a dash (asking $300 - but has a rod knock), but if I could dump some of the other parts and work him down a bit it may be worth it.  Let me know.

36 minutes ago, EvilMJ said:

Are you wanting that door panel specifically or just a good set of gray panels?  I am looking at 96 that I was going to buy just for the motor to put in one of my XJs, but its bad.  However, the truck has a perfect dash, which I need, and a good power gray interior.  I can't justify spending the money for just a dash (asking $300 - but has a rod knock), but if I could dump some of the other parts and work him down a bit it may be worth it.  Let me know.

:hijack:

Sorry to eavesdrop......What do the seats look like in the XJ?

I didn't look real close, but the seating surface looked pretty good, some damage to vinyl side panels.  I thought about them for my truck, but I like the forward fold of the ones I currently have.  If I get it, I'll post some pics up.  I don't know the guy personally, but my friend does, so I send communication through him.

1 minute ago, EvilMJ said:

I didn't look real close, but the seating surface looked pretty good, some damage to vinyl side panels.  I thought about them for my truck, but I like the forward fold of the ones I currently have.  If I get it, I'll post some pics up.  I don't know the guy personally, but my friend does, so I send communication through him.

:L:

On 1/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, EvilMJ said:

I would be interested depending on what they look like. Let me know if you do get it or can get pictures.

Blaine - I see that they're missing in your photos but is there any chance that the "4x4" badges are still available?  '88s would have the flatter profile badges which I think were on XJ's & MJ's up to 1990 (could be wrong).   I removed a full set of gold badges from my '89 XJ Limited and the silver 4x4 badges are all I need to convert.

Thanks, Stew 

21 minutes ago, PCO6 said:

Blaine - I see that they're missing in your photos but is there any chance that the "4x4" badges are still available?  '88s would have the flatter profile badges which I think were on XJ's & MJ's up to 1990 (could be wrong).   I removed a full set of gold badges from my '89 XJ Limited and the silver 4x4 badges are all I need to convert.

Thanks, Stew 

I have some off of my 89 if he doesn't have them.

15 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I have some off of my 89 if he doesn't have them.

That would be great!   I'm in no rush so I'll let Blaine respond but it sounds like one way or another I can get what I need.   Thanks!

If any one needs a full set of the gold emblems for an XJ I have one.   

6 hours ago, tugboat95 said:

Do you still have the steering wheel? Is the leather undamaged. I live in New Bern, NC 28562

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

I still got the steering wheel and I will send pm you with photos later today. If I remember correctly overall the steering wheel is in decent shape.

39 minutes ago, PCO6 said:

Thanks, Stew 

I am pretty sure that I got serval 4x4 badges and I will send you a pm with photos later today.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, hakukamana said:

Door fly windows and frames, in good shape. Fixed or Moveable? "Vent" windows

It’s vent windows because I ended up using them for my truck but I may have an spare set. Need to go and double check. I will let you know :L:

I decided this weekend it is about time for the Cherokee to go on the highway in the sky. See the first post for a listed of items sold and a few that are still available. There's more parts on it that in probably forgot to mention so feel to ask.

Thanks for looking:L:

• Blaine.D changed the title to 1988 Jeep Cherokee Heading to Scrapyard This Week P.O. NC

Archived