saveevryjp1998

Sweet Dreams

Pete's movie post got me thinking of do overs. This is a clean site so I'll keep it that way ask everyone else to do the same but go to bed tonight pondering. Ponder those 1sts times if you could do them over what would they be? I could think of several good everlasting memories like my first off road in a jeep ride and many others that didn't involve a jeep. Sweet dreams.

I know that this does not seem like something to rewrite, but the visual still haunts me. So it was being there when we put our family dog to sleep. I know nothing compares to losing a loved (child, parent etc). I am fortunate to never had to go through that. Again, I just wouldn’t be there.

3 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

I know that this does not seem like something to rewrite, but the visual still haunts me. So it was being there when we put our family dog to sleep. I know nothing compares to losing a loved (child, parent etc). I am fortunate to never had to go through that. Again, I just wouldn’t be there.

Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling, I had to do it with my best friend of 14 years and said never again. Sure enough I got another. Sorry to bum you out this was meant for those good memories like say your first kiss(keeping it PG) and your first jeep 

10 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

Maybe it didn't have to be you.  But it was important that somebody the dog loved was there.  Hard as it is.

1 hour ago, amsuco said:

Maybe it didn't have to be you.  But it was important that somebody the dog loved was there.  Hard as it is.

👍🏻

When I got my first jeep (98 TJ softop) ten odd years ago, it was also my first manual. Had never driven one (excluding the farm tractor, but it wasn't synchronized, so no shift on the fly, had to stop to go into different gears) . My dad was with me, and he did the test drive to make sure everything was good, and I assumed he'd show me the ropes once we got it back to the farm. While I was finishing up the paperwork inside, he left. Leaving me quite a ways from home, alone,  with the only vehicle to make it back with being one I had no clue how to drive, in an extremely hilly area with multiple stops midway up hills. And, being ten years ago smartphones weren't yet an everyday item, I didn't have one to youtube how the hell to drive this thing. It was actually quite a terrifying drive, but if I remember right I only killed it like 3 times. By the time I got back to my home town, I didn't even bother going home, and just went straight to my friends house, dropped the top and spent the rest of the day getting it stuck/killing it out at the park at the Mississippi. I would give a lot to go back and relive that day, and I don't think I would change a damn thing about it.

43 minutes ago, Money_Pits said:

When I got my first jeep (98 TJ softop) ten odd years ago, it was also my first manual. Had never driven one (excluding the farm tractor, but it wasn't synchronized, so no shift on the fly, had to stop to go into different gears) . My dad was with me, and he did the test drive to make sure everything was good, and I assumed he'd show me the ropes once we got it back to the farm.

I was born one year too late.  When I took Drivers Ed in high school we learned in a car of some sort with an automatic.  The class before us got to split their time between a car with an auto and an IH Scout II with a stick.  I was so disappointed.  I was really looking forward to driving that Scout! :(  

So I had had to learn to drive a stick on my own as well.  And I went through the IH addiction.  (But that's another story.  If I ever win the lottery though, I'll have another International in the stable.  Addictions are like that.  We here on CC know about addiction!) :))