July 2019 Mid-Atlantic CC PowWow / All-Breeds Jeep Show

kryptronic

It's that time of year again, only we're getting on the ball earlier this time around.  I know @MeanLemons is excited, because he posted a new thread in the Northeast forum in December about it.  This year is going to be awesome.  Here's the lowdown:

About the Show

The All-Breeds Jeep Show is in York, PA again this year from July 20-21, 2019.  This is the biggest show on the east coast each year, and there will be tons of Jeeps, vendors, food and fun.  Check out the website for the club that runs the show for more information and to register:

http://pajeeps.org/

Last year we, as a club, made an effort to get a bunch of trucks in the show as well as to get together and meet each other face to face.  We had a whole bunch of members on hand, including @krustyballer16, @87MJTIM, @TheDude, @Bonkers, @Alexia, @MeanLemons, Dom and others.  It was also terrible weather all weekend, so we're hoping for better this time around.

@krustyballer16 will be staying at my place over the weekend, which is about 10 minutes from the fairgrounds where the show is being held.  On Saturday evening, after the show closes down, we'll be having a cookout at my place, and everyone is invited.  If you come, bring your favorite drink and maybe a snack food or dessert.  I'll supply burgers, dogs, etc.  Anyone wanting to camp at my place on Friday or Saturday night is welcome, and I've got enough yard where we can park a bunch of trucks.  PM me or  @krustyballer16 to get my address.

The show is awesome.  You can check out pics from last year here:

Several members are anticipating getting swap meet booths.  We'd like to get as many MJs in the show as possible, obviously.  Looks don't count - bring your beater.  I do.  Last year we treated the show and getting together as a way get transport big parts all over and trade all kinds of stuff.  This is a great opportunity, with five months lead time, to work out who will be there and what large parts they might be able to get you.  Please reply to let us know you're coming!

Current Role Call (As Of 2019-07-12)

@kryptronic: Truck at Show; Cookout

@krustyballer16: Vendor at Show; Cookout; Accomodations with kryptronic
@87MJTIM: Truck at Show; Cookout
@ComancheKid45: Truck at Show
@jdwillys: At Show; Cookout
@Minuit: Truck at Show; Cookout; Accomodations with kryptronic
@TheDude: At Show; Cookout; Accomodations with kryptronic
@SublimeDom777: At Show; Cookout; Accomodations with kryptronic
@chicofuentes0224x2: At Show
@WahooSteeler: At Show
@mjeff87: At Show
@Eugene the Jeep: At Show

@Carlos: Truck at Show; Cookout

Undecided: @Mossmj13; @Fryedaddy @Jeep Addict; @Alexia; @jamespwsullivan; @CptVanGuard; @MeanLemons; @saveevryjp1998; @Isaiah Hahn; @Mark Serva

25 minutes ago, Minuit said:

I for one would LOVE to come to this show. There is the small problem of it being a 12 hour each way drive though. I'll see if I can shuffle some plans around to make it up there when the time comes.

I'm hoping you make it.  I think last year you said you wished it wasn't 12 hours away.  This year sounds more promising.

I may very well have my YJ done and entered, and if so we can jam out at the show with my new enhanced radio.  Might be a good "business trip" to clean out the swap meet of all radios early Saturday morning.  You might be able to grab enough stock for the year.

1 minute ago, MeanLemons said:

I’m pretty excited... my next baby is due July 13rd  so let’s see how things go before We decide to go or not. 

That's cutting it close.  Hope to see you there - maybe you can sneak away for a day just to take a break.

4 hours ago, kryptronic said:

I'm hoping you make it.  I think last year you said you wished it wasn't 12 hours away.  This year sounds more promising.

I may very well have my YJ done and entered, and if so we can jam out at the show with my new enhanced radio.  Might be a good "business trip" to clean out the swap meet of all radios early Saturday morning.  You might be able to grab enough stock for the year.

A lot can change between now and then, but consider me interested and considering it more by the day. I'd be considering it purely as a pleasure trip, but an irresponsible number of radios might accidentally and by pure coincidence follow me home if I do go. When you guys posted the last thread I knew right away I should've gone.

6 hours ago, Minuit said:

I for one would LOVE to come to this show. There is the small problem of it being a 12 hour each way drive though. I'll see if I can shuffle some plans around to make it up there when the time comes.

I'm driving 10 hours and gonna have a 10 month old with me. So probably a 12 or 13 hour drive too.

Its gonna be a good time there!

Is it the biggest show? Last year, Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival had just over 25,000 visitors. And in 2010, we set a worlds record, for the longest Jeep Parade, with 2,400 Jeeps.

Now c'mon, show me the numbers... lol!

Disclaimer:

This post is meant to be light-hearted and not in anyway, mean spirited :)

10 hours ago, RestoringNV said:

Is it the biggest show? Last year, Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival had just over 25,000 visitors. And in 2010, we set a worlds record, for the longest Jeep Parade, with 2,400 Jeeps.

Now c'mon, show me the numbers... lol!

Disclaimer:

This post is meant to be light-hearted and not in anyway, mean spirited :)

Not sure on the numbers, Bamtam might be a tad bigger based on what you posted.  It's big though.

8 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

I have it on my calendar for this year.  

I take back what I said a few years ago.  I will enter my MJ on the field.

Sweet!  Should be quite a few of us this year.

Krustyballer16 has whispered the idea in my ear a few times now to antagonize me to consider a booth lol. I might do it but I have never been and want to enjoy it more rather than sitting all weekend trying to hustle a buck. Everyday life has that to offer but I think going to meet members would be great. 1 thing that might be a positive note about Don's passing is it seems to have made several of us come together more as a community. So his legacy is just growing stronger yet. I will make the trip for sure knowing this far out thanks kryptronic:L:

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Krustyballer16 has whispered the idea in my ear a few times now to antagonize me to consider a booth lol. I might do it but I have never been and want to enjoy it more rather than sitting all weekend trying to hustle a buck. Everyday life has that to offer but I think going to meet members would be great. 1 thing that might be a positive note about Don's passing is it seems to have made several of us come together more as a community. So his legacy is just growing stronger yet. I will make the trip for sure knowing this far out thanks kryptronic:L:

I'm with you on this.  a Swap meet would be cool but not if it's the entire weekend.  I put this weekend on my calendar.  If my brother and nephews bail on coming to Indiana to hike the Knobstone trail In July I can definitely make it.  if they do come, I might still pull it off.

James it's too far for us to be a 1 day and I'm kind not fealing the tent vibe since I'm getting older but far from mature. If I go it's big, so 10x10 easy up and fat man cot for me and I'll spend the night to socialize. Ponder it over James and we could ride up to save on gas and be old farts together. I think social media makes it hard on all of us to identify with each other. Many times we have a completely different representation of each other in the wrong way. These meets help with that.

James it's too far for us to be a 1 day and I'm kind not fealing the tent vibe since I'm getting older but far from mature. If I go it's big, so 10x10 easy up and fat man cot for me and I'll spend the night to socialize. Ponder it over James and we could ride up to save on gas and be old farts together. I think social media makes it hard on all of us to identify with each other. Many times we have a completely different representation of each other in the wrong way. These meets help with that.

I believe Dom and I are getting a booth again so if even if you came later we can throw some of your junk in our booth if you want and you can hang with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, TheDude said:

I believe Dom and I are getting a booth again so if even if you came later we can throw some of your junk in our booth if you want and you can hang with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer. If I do maybe it will be like a raffle where the proceeds go to the club if we can figure out how to do it legit. Heck maybe Pete could use it for the different regions on here for food or Comanche give away door prizes for future meet ups. That would be a way cool idea to get people together from all over since its hard for everyone to come together in 1 spot around the country or even globe for that matter. I throw this out there. Plenty of you have been hounding me for my short wheel base roll/light bar. Administrator challenge, I'll donate it and a set of Brandon's brackets for a raffle there and proceeds can go to the club funds for events like this. We could just start a donation post of items from members offering to raffle off for the club at events like this. It would draw more interest not only to our club but funds to support it and the outings themselves.

it's far enough away (both in time and distance) that I can't say I'm positively going, but I positively want to go.  :D  

I'm still a bit hesitant to give a thumbs up to raffles because it's technically gambling and various places have laws concerning it plus it's hard to keep it completely open and on the up and up.  But it might be because I've never done one before and it's all paranoia.  :dunno:

My buddy and I talked about going last year and didn't because of the weather.  He has a 48 Willys restored he wanted to take.  Might have to really consider this year. Plus York is only about 45 minutes away!  I will definately put it on the calendar for this year.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:05 PM, kb3uet said:

My buddy and I talked about going last year and didn't because of the weather.  He has a 48 Willys restored he wanted to take.  Might have to really consider this year. Plus York is only about 45 minutes away!  I will definately put it on the calendar for this year.

20190213_201934.jpg.d090f43e20f2844f28dfe05219b0fc6b.jpg

Ask him if he or someone else is looking for this. I just found it today.

7 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

20190213_201934.jpg.d090f43e20f2844f28dfe05219b0fc6b.jpg

Ask him if he or someone else is looking for this. I just found it today.

I will check with him. I know we are fixin to start on his 54 pickup. I don't know if they are the same but it would be a cool dash in a hot rod if nothing else.