1986 Comanche No Start Condition

Just now, Green Mesa XJ said:

It’s what the op said about all the test he ran. No fuel pressure from the relay. He also didn’t do the simple testing suggested earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

simple testing of what? The CPS was replaced with a new one. Normally when you replace a part you assume it WORKS! Yes? But I guess we all know what happens when we assume...right? I'm just trying to find a reasonable solution to this problem.  

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Chrysler calls the CPS the Speed Sensor. 

589344381_IMG_58901.JPG.48335353334e6d279824d8e7c0624a16.JPG

Give these a shot

Right - thanks. This helps a lot!!! But it also says (in ECU is not switching the injector) "the lamp should "pulse" dimly" - It's NOT pulsing - the noid light is solid dim, not pulsing

3 minutes ago, wclegere said:

Right - thanks. This helps a lot!!! But it also says (in ECU is not switching the injector) "the lamp should "pulse" dimly" - It's NOT pulsing - the noid light is solid dim, not pulsing

Welcome. This manual is from '87, noid lights probably did not exist back then and so an ordinary test lamp was used. Then again it could be the same idea. ive never used or heard of a noid light till now.

6 minutes ago, wclegere said:

When we bypassed the relay with a jumper wire in the connector we have plenty of fuel pressure. It's when we connect it all back up that it doesn't seem to work

Crap shoot. Did you try a new relay by any chance?

When we bypassed the relay with a jumper wire in the connector we have plenty of fuel pressure. It's when we connect it all back up that it doesn't seem to work

I might just be me but I don’t think your descriptions of problems and test results are very clear. trouble shooting tip posted earlier would give you a clearer idea of what’s not working.
Seems like your upset with everyone here because a 32 year old Jeep has some issues. But I may take they way you emphasize certain words differently than others.

Aftermarket CPS are pretty much junk. Some fail new out of the box.

4 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Welcome. This manual is from '87, noid lights probably did not exist back then and so an ordinary test lamp was used. Then again it could be the same idea. ive never used or heard of a noid light till now.

Crap shoot. Did you try a new relay by any chance?

3 new relays

2 minutes ago, Green Mesa XJ said:

I might just be me but I don’t think your descriptions of problems and test results are very clear. trouble shooting tip posted earlier would give you a clearer idea of what’s not working.
Seems like your upset with everyone here because a 32 year old Jeep has some issues. But I may take they way you emphasize certain words differently than others.

Aftermarket CPS are pretty much junk. Some fail new out of the box.

please tell me how I can make this situation any clearer? I'm all ears. Sorry, a bit frustrated but it really seem these great guys are trying to help me and believe me, I appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

When you jumper the relay, try starting the vehicle to see if it will run.

Well, we had the fuel line disconnected to see if we had fuel pressure and when we bypassed the relay the fuel pump shot fuel across the shop.  

8 minutes ago, wclegere said:

Well, we had the fuel line disconnected to see if we had fuel pressure and when we bypassed the relay the fuel pump shot fuel across the shop.

With fuel line connected, bypass relay and see if engine will start and run.