what movie would you like to see again for the first time?

Pete M

If you could have all memories of it, it's ending, anything that came after it (or before it as in my first example) erased from your memory so you could see it from scratch, what would it be?  I just watched Rogue One again.  It's definitely in the top 10. :D  it's not a perfect movie by far, but I'd love to watch it without knowing anything about Vadar or other star wars movies.  the original Die Hard would be sweet too.  or maybe the last Avengers movie without any knowledge of Marvel stuff or knowing that a lot of the dusted members have movies coming up :rolleyes:

I think back to several movies I watched growing up that I was definitely too young to be watching. Movies that I’d be watching tv with my dad and there it would be: that little smirk while flipping through channels. “I get a kick out of this movie... your mom probably wouldn’t agree, but it’s pretty funny.” Blazing Saddles... Airplane!... Young Frankenstein... Some of my best memories are with my dad and these little moments. Now there are so many stupid humor movies out there that I know word for word! Thanks, Dad. 

The Prestige. My favorite movie, mostly because of how much it messed with me. I still watch it every few years and it's still awesome, but nothing like the first time. I remember watching it with my family in our living room when I was in high school and when the final credits started rolling my whole family was in silence for a good 20 seconds... then my dad just says, "Wow." 

Shawshank Redemption.  My dad introduced me to that movie at a young enough age that I didn't appreciate it the way I should have.  It is one of, if not my favorite movie now.  I would love to experience it for the first time again with the understanding of life and the world that I have now.

Close contenders would be Apollo 11, Apollo 13, October sky, and The Green Mile.  I'm a bit of a space nerd and I love movies with real life lessons in them.

A Beautiful Mind.  Probably the best movie Russel Crowe ever did.  My wife used to work in a psyche hospital and we watched it together. I fell for it hook, line and sinker....with my wife arguing with me for over half the movie.  It's one of only a handful of times we ever argued in our whole marriage.  The ending hit me like a brick wall once I finally figured it out.  I've never seen a movie like that before, or since.

And I'll also agree with Shawshank and add the Blues Brothers in addition to Animal House:beerbang:

Raiders of the Lost Ark immediately leapt to mind.  I know his isn't a top 10 thread, but several in mine have already been mentioned.  '

From Young "Fronken-steen"

The Dr.: "y'know, I could remove that hump"

Igor: "What hump?"

or

"Wasn't that on the other side?"

The Prestige. My favorite movie, mostly because of how much it messed with me. I still watch it every few years and it's still awesome, but nothing like the first time. I remember watching it with my family in our living room when I was in high school and when the final credits started rolling my whole family was in silence for a good 20 seconds... then my dad just says, "Wow." 
My favorite movie too! Has a little bit of "history" in it and it has twists to it!
I agree

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jeremiah Johnson, The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, Braveheart, Full Metal Jacket, Apocolypse Now, Platoon, All the Crusty Demons of Dirt, Huevos, and Sledneck videos. Hell Ride. Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood Everthing(except Walker Texas ranger) Gladiator, Last of the Mohicans, Mad Max, Dances with Wolves, Into the Wild, the Omen, Halloween and RAMBO. Oh and can't forget Predator, Last Action Hero, Hercules(Arnold), Alien and everything I forgotten cool. I'll leave out the R rated from my teenage years.

I'm in an interesting position. I haven't watched many movies as an adult, so a lot of the ones I saw as a kid/teenager may as well be new to me. But because when I was a kid we didn't really do that many movies, there's a ton of stuff I've never actually seen that would be totally brand new. Like Jurassic Park. But again, I don't really watch that many movies, so the list that I've acquired that I need to watch just keeps getting longer.

I guess I'm just an old fart, because what stands out to me is the lack of Monty Python contenders in this list, like "Life of Brian" or "Search for the Holy Grail".

I also have a soft spot for "The Full Monty".  (Which of course had nothing to do with Monty Python, but still a favorite of mine.)

Cool Hand Luke.   famous lines:  "What we have here is a failure to communicate"  "Get your dirt out of my hole."

The Dirty Dozen.   Charles Bronson was the quintessential tough guy with few words.  

Lawrence of Arabia, the number one epic movie of all time should be in there too.

1 hour ago, amsuco said:

I guess I'm just an old fart, because what stands out to me is the lack of Monty Python contenders in this list, like "Life of Brian" or "Search for the Holy Grail".

I also have a soft spot for "The Full Monty".  (Which of course had nothing to do with Monty Python, but still a favorite of mine.)

54 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

Cool Hand Luke.   famous lines:  "What we have here is a failure to communicate"  "Get your dirt out of my hole."

The Dirty Dozen.   Charles Bronson was the quintessential tough guy with few words.  

Lawrence of Arabia, the number one epic movie of all time should be in there too.

Good call! I can't believe I forgot those especially Death Wish!

There are many great movies listed above, of which only one I haven't seen. I will be watching The Prestige soon. For those who haven't seen the Marvel movie The Punisher (2004), it is a fun 1st time flick.      Image result for the punisher logo                                                                                                                                                                                           Forest Gump is my answer simply because my daughter was so young when we would watch it together. I wish knowing now what I didn't know then, I could have that time back!