Drahcir495

HI-CNTRD - 1990 XJ Project

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

WD40 isn't a rust penetrant at all.  :L:  but yeah, brake fluid can work wonders on rusted bolts!  just be sure to wipe it off of paint asap.  (same with WD40 for that matter).  I haven't used it yet, but I've heard good things about CRC freezeoff. 

Oh yeah, water displacement! Why does everyone say soak everything down days before you go to work on it?? No wonder it doesn’t work. I am sold on the dot 3.

Oh boy, what you wouldn’t do for your kids :dunno:. Unfortunately I probably will do some part time mall crawling. 

Here’s the deal. I had my son in the Jeep for the first time and he loved it! We were heading down to Clearwater beach when my son spotted a Jeep XJ 😬. It was a county vehicle and was pulled over on the side of the road. Here comes the mall crawling portion of the story. . . It had the flashing strobe lights 🙄. He was hypnotized by them. So Trey said we need to have them on “our” Jeep. Now I am going to have strobe lights on the Jeep. Should go great with the “baby on board” sticker. 

I have reached the end of the break in period for the new gears and lockers, so it is time to change out the gear lube in the axles. I went with Eaton E-lockers and 4:56 gears like I have in the Comanche. I am very happy with the setup, so no need to change what works for me. Only thing I would change is, in a perfect world , it to be a stick shift rather than an automatic. Old diff cover coming off->

14FBA14B-C86A-46EE-AC56-94167BFFCE9C.jpeg.76da332812b7a7c24014ef9ccec22072.jpeg

Look inside at the new E-locker and gears ->

FD5C40CF-9E62-46D0-A614-ECEB8D10CF40.jpeg.37d42ec253ec385cb50bbdd058413f4a.jpeg

Now here’s the thing - I was playing cornhole with the local Jeep club and if you win you get a choice of raffle items. I was on 🔥; I won. So it was a Hi-lift jack, 4wd gift certificate, or a pair of Ox Locker differential covers! I know I have Eaton’s f/r, but these are nice and beefy. And they were for the D30 and D44! I really like them and you can’t beat the price :brows:. The rear cover was already on, so just a picture of the new front cover ->

1933617D-90D5-4453-9721-272537EEE8CE.jpeg.9ba27f296e9603b4e8cd5294588cb577.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:

It was a true Cinderella story 😂

giphy.gif

52 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

Eaton (eatin') + OX, and "beefy".

There's a pun in there somewhere :laugh:

That is a good one but I would hate to see what the OX would look like!

Classic movie Pete. I wonder how many of the millennials would know about this??

89 MJ - they are the Bushwhackers. I got three free from a member here :applause: and the fourth one I had to buy. Ended up costing me two hundred but beats the full price! Only thing is the new ones are textured and the old ones are smooth.

2 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

Classic movie Pete. I wonder how many of the millennials would know about this??

I just quoted that whole scene to my wife last night, LOL.

Between Caddyshack, the Blues Brothers and Smokey and the Bandit, I've got a comeback line for just about any situation:beerbang:

It is so great to be able to use quotes like that :applause:. Blues Brothers - Curl Up and Dye. Far from the best part of the movie.

I have so much to update on this Jeep, but I have to figure what I should update first.

Well I have had my Quadratec Q9000 winch for a long time. I haven’t even used it. I had a cooling issue with the XJ, so I threw everything at it. I even took off the winch thinking it might be adding to the overheating problem. It was not the problem. Had a professional burb the system and now it runs way cool. I have the air conditioning thingy and transmission cooler in front of the radiator and still can’t stay at 210. I know, not at all typical. I just started putting the winch back on and I don’t expect any rise in the running temp. Here is the first part of reinstalling the winch -> 4CB0074D-0318-4DDD-86A6-BB7C98A64042.jpeg.7e361e76edbb6f737cc5a365abc71cef.jpeg